PBXes » English » Providers »
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
cyb
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 22.07.2006

Problems with registering to two sipgate accounts Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

We have two sipgate inbound trunks on two separate sipgate accounts.

We've started experiencing a problem with registering the two sipgate.co.uk accounts simultaneously. Previously this worked without problems but for over a month now we can only register to one account at a time and not both simultaneously.

Everything worked fine until we were moved onto the Paris server by PBXes at some point . I understand from another thread Paris has problems with sipgate so I've moved back to the Frankfurt server but it hasn't solved the problem.

Any ideas on how to resolve this? I've also emailed sipgate to check it's nothing on their end.

25.07.2007 12:09 cyberdude is offline Search for Posts by cyberdude Add cyberdude to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Fragezeichen RE: Problems with registering to two sipgate accounts Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Have you tried both trunks using "sipgate.co.uk" as the SIP server (not using any numerical IPs)?

25.07.2007 16:15 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
cyb
Grünschnabel

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Yes, and I've just tried it again. Still only one sipgate trunk is registering.

I used the IP for one of the trunks so that both trunks show up in the status window, otherwise it is not possible to see which trunk is registered or not. This worked fine for months until recently.

26.07.2007 10:38 cyberdude is offline Search for Posts by cyberdude Add cyberdude to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Problems with registering to two sipgate accounts Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Although you can't see it in the status display both of your trunks are registered now that you are using sipgate.co.uk.

26.07.2007 10:41 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
cyb
Grünschnabel

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks, I have just verified that from the Sipgate web site.

I will monitor this for a while as when I tried this earlier one of the trunks would drop it's registration after a while.

26.07.2007 12:24 cyberdude is offline Search for Posts by cyberdude Add cyberdude to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

Re-registration feature Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

If I remember well, one of the features of the Premium accounts, is that if any of the trunks unregister for any reason, PBXes will try to re-register to the SIP proxy of the trunk every hour.

26.07.2007 18:43 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
cyb
Grünschnabel

OK. That's good.

For the benefit of others, I just got confirmation from Sipgate that they now no longer accept registrations using the IP address. This is since July 4th.

27.07.2007 11:38 cyberdude is offline Search for Posts by cyberdude Add cyberdude to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: