PBXes » English » Terminal Equipment » Latency
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
gam
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 14.10.2018

Latency Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,
I'm on the NA East Coast and that takes me to www4.pbxes.com. Ping average to time the site is 55ms.
I have 5 VoIP providers configured on a FreePBX box and the latency status shows between 28 - 75 ms (multiple trunks to East Coast locations) on the Reports -> Asterisk Info -> Chan_SIP Peers.

Yours comes in at 270-330ms (SIP or PjSIP trunks.) I see on your sip.config that you disallow qualify.

Call quality is decent in most cases (today I had someone tell me that I break off every 10s.)

What is the meaning of the high latency status compared to an average site ping? What is the status showing in this case where your qualify is set to 'no' and mine to 'yes' - RTA, RTD, anything else?

Thank you!

17.11.2018 03:56 gamet is offline Search for Posts by gamet Add gamet to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Latency Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

signalling packets normally go to our European server but voice packets go to the one you pinged. if you also want the signaling packets to go there just use www4 . pbxes . com as your sip server (instead of pbxes.org.

19.11.2018 09:51 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
gam
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 14.10.2018

RE: Latency Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Perfect, thank you!

19.11.2018 12:13 gamet is offline Search for Posts by gamet Add gamet to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: