PBXes » English » News » Google Voice as SIP Provider
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
man
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 25.11.2017

RE: Google Voice as SIP Provider Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I'm experiencing the same problem as well - 21 sec call duration and then a discconnect. Started happening 2 days ago for me.

Sep 22, 2018 08:19 PM

23.09.2018 01:22 mancuj1 is offline Search for Posts by mancuj1 Add mancuj1 to your Buddy List
ecy
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 24.05.2017

RE: Google Voice as SIP Provider Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Outgoing calls are dropped with a busy signal after a short time. This is a widespread issue based on all the reports on this forum.

I hope someone at PBXes will respond. This same issue is also being reported by users under the heading "bugs."

So far, the Google Voice option offered by PBXes is constantly having technical problems and is proving not to be a reliable solution.

24.09.2018 00:27 ecys is offline Search for Posts by ecys Add ecys to your Buddy List
azg
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 02.05.2011

GV seems to be working again. After doing a Submit & Start I successfully made a couple 2 minute calls. Still not getting ringback on some numbers.

25.09.2018 20:45 azgold is offline Search for Posts by azgold Add azgold to your Buddy List
pie
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 10.03.2015

I followed the instruction from here:
http://nerdvittles.com/?p=26971
6. To create a GVSIP trunk, choose Trunks -> Add SIP Trunk. Enter a Trunk Name and your Google Voice account name (without @gmail.com) for Username. Click Get Password for Google Voice button. Google then will prompt you for your credentials to login to your Google account. Once logged in, your OAuth credentials will be generated for you, and you will be returned to the Trunk template. Enter your 10-digit Google Voice number as Outbound CallerID. Set Maximum Channels and Maximum Outbound Channels to 2. Set Dial Rule to NXXNXXXXXX. Click Submit Changes and click the Red Bar to reload your dialplan. In the left column, your new GVSIP trunk should appear under the Trunks option. You can also verify the registration by choosing the Status option.

The registration is OK.
I can receive call but no way to call out,
always "ResetCDR" for any GV call.

07.10.2018 09:44 pierdim is offline Search for Posts by pierdim Add pierdim to your Buddy List
big
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 28.08.2018

I had my outbound proxy port set 5060 for a few days until the registration started failing. I then switched it to port 36999 and it worked again for a few days. But I keep having to switch the outbound proxy port between 5060 and 36999 every few days. Why does this keep happening? Is there a port that is more stable?

08.10.2018 14:32 bigsimpfan is offline Search for Posts by bigsimpfan Add bigsimpfan to your Buddy List
war
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 14.10.2018

I followed these same instructions, but calls never seem to answer (or even ring to) the PBXes trunk. Would anyone be able to give me some clue as to where I can begin troubleshooting this.

14.10.2018 01:47 warmvoip is offline Search for Posts by warmvoip Add warmvoip to your Buddy List
mis
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 04.02.2013

Hell-O again

After the last update (where you asked us to delete the gvoice trunk, then 'submit & start', etc.), Everything was working smoothly, I can also tell the you either upgraded some systems or got the load issues worked out, too.

Only issue I am having is that bug where you only get 4 rings on outgoing calls before you hear a busy signal and then a hang up...

That problem had gone away for a while, actually... but just popped up again. The only recent change I made was changing the password on my main SIP extension, which I doubt is related.

So it's back to calling people, if they don't answer at 4 rings (when the system seems to go busy and then hang up), I have to text people to let them know why I called, lol.

I tried removing, readding the trunk a couple of times, and also tried hitting 'submit & start' again just for kicks... nothing seems to help.

If anyone has solved this, or if anyone else is still experiencing this glitch, do advise Augenzwinkern

15.10.2018 12:22 mistere is offline Search for Posts by mistere Add mistere to your Buddy List
zap
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 14.02.2012

Note: the CallerID setting is for NAME, not number.
GV already sends your assigned number.
If using a SIP phone, that CallerID name may
over-ride the PBXes CallerID name, depending
on phone/PBX SIP settings.

02.11.2018 19:26 zapattack is offline Search for Posts by zapattack Add zapattack to your Buddy List
sup
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 06.11.2018

Hello, I am following the same post but I have trouble with this instruction:

username-extnumber:extension-password@pbxes.org/DID-number

Can you explain what exactly I need to se for "DID-number"?

Thanks so much!

Zitat:
Originally posted by pie
I followed the instruction from here:
http://nerdvittles.com/?p=26971
6. To create a GVSIP trunk, choose Trunks -> Add SIP Trunk. Enter a Trunk Name and your Google Voice account name (without @gmail.com) for Username. Click Get Password for Google Voice button. Google then will prompt you for your credentials to login to your Google account. Once logged in, your OAuth credentials will be generated for you, and you will be returned to the Trunk template. Enter your 10-digit Google Voice number as Outbound CallerID. Set Maximum Channels and Maximum Outbound Channels to 2. Set Dial Rule to NXXNXXXXXX. Click Submit Changes and click the Red Bar to reload your dialplan. In the left column, your new GVSIP trunk should appear under the Trunks option. You can also verify the registration by choosing the Status option.

The registration is OK.
I can receive call but no way to call out,
always "ResetCDR" for any GV call.

06.11.2018 22:43 supovitz is offline Search for Posts by supovitz Add supovitz to your Buddy List
azg
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 02.05.2011

Re: Google Voice Acceptable Use Policy

Google is not happy the Asterisk community has reverse engineered GVSIP. Is PBXes.com also violating Google's policy? Should we be worried?
See:
https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r32189252-

15.11.2018 19:55 azgold is offline Search for Posts by azgold Add azgold to your Buddy List
swe
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 22.02.2015

I wonder if this is why my google voice connection via pbxes stopped working this morning and shows up as offline on the status page...

16.11.2018 21:27 sweh is offline Search for Posts by sweh Add sweh to your Buddy List
sea
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 19.11.2018

EDIT: I have figured out how to set it up by help from members on dslreports voip forum.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by sea on 23.11.2018 at 10:19.

20.11.2018 06:59 sean is offline Search for Posts by sean Add sean to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

@sweh You seem to be the only one. Other trunks are still registering OK. Of course, since it is a free offering, I think Google can always decide to discontinue their service.

23.11.2018 09:20 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
zap
Grünschnabel

Zitat:
Originally posted by swe
I wonder if this is why my google voice connection via pbxes stopped working this morning and shows up as offline on the status page...

Is it still listed in the GV legacy settings?
www.google.com/voice/b/0#phones
You can always delete and re-create it in PBXes
providing your GMail account is good.

24.11.2018 05:23 zapattack is offline Search for Posts by zapattack Add zapattack to your Buddy List
swe
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 22.02.2015

I deleted and recreated multiple times. pbxes gets the new login token OK, but then sets the trunk to "offline" soon after.

Ah well. I don't expect miracles for a freebie account :-)

I bought an Obihai device and that connected immediately and works on the same account. Or did for my test calls, anyway ;-)

24.11.2018 23:32 sweh is offline Search for Posts by sweh Add sweh to your Buddy List
lpm
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 24.01.2013

My google voice trunk no longer works as of yesterday. Worse, I tried deleting everything including the trunk and the obihai phone in Google Voice legacy settings, now I can recreate the trunk but it no longer recreates a obihai phone in google voice legacy settings. Anyone else can comment?

EDIT: I did the "Submit and Start" in Personal Data before recreating the trunk and lo and behold it worked! The Obihai phone reappeared in Google Voice Legacy settings and the trunk connected successfully. Hooray!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lpm on 12.12.2018 at 10:28.

12.12.2018 10:22 lpm is offline Search for Posts by lpm Add lpm to your Buddy List
hst
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 23.04.2013

gv trunks down? worked until this morning...

09.03.2019 04:18 hstreu is offline Search for Posts by hstreu Add hstreu to your Buddy List
bun
Soho Account

Registration Date: 16.04.2014

Same here. I have 2 GV trunks. Both inbound and outbound are not working since Friday afternoon.

09.03.2019 04:29 buntenbach is offline Search for Posts by buntenbach Add buntenbach to your Buddy List
sea
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 19.11.2018

Same here.

09.03.2019 04:59 sean is offline Search for Posts by sean Add sean to your Buddy List
zap
Grünschnabel

wütend RE: Google Voice as SIP Provider Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Receiving Trunk Outage emails.
Tried re-starting.....
Has Google blocked access?

09.03.2019 05:29 zapattack is offline Search for Posts by zapattack Add zapattack to your Buddy List
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 next »  
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: