PBXes » English » News » Google Voice as SIP Provider
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Google Voice as SIP Provider Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks for your detailed feedback. It helped us improve the calling gateway (you don't need to restart anything).

If you get further errors please again mention date/time and what went wrong. We've added additional trace logs.

15.08.2018 09:54 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
bun
Soho Account

Registration Date: 16.04.2014

RE: Google Voice as SIP Provider Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Upadate again:

tried several calls on 08-15 between 2007:32 and 20:17. No one got through. Used both GV trunks.

Same as before: In the sysem log it shows not as IP /pbxes org. All calls that showed my IP xxx/pbxes org go through. The others not.

One Call at 08_15 15:11:42 worked fine

Update:

I did more calls betwwen 1500:23 and 15:06:53 on 08-15 using 2 different GV trunks. All did not went through.

Today, I did some more testcalls:

Some worked but

08-15 1357:33 and 13:55:54 did not work.

Incoming GV call at 1352:00 got to the voice menu and automatically from there to call group with several phones. I tried to answer at 202, a cellphone in wifi network with sipdroid. The pbx did not recognize that I answered and finally the call went back to the GV voicemail instead of staying in the pbx.

I observed the same situation before: On internal calls, the sipdroid cellphone answers with no problems. Also on calls via "normal" SIP-provider sipgate. But when I use this phone to answer a GV-call, it is not recognized, that I answered the call.

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by bun on 15.08.2018 at 19:21.

15.08.2018 13:07 buntenbach is offline Search for Posts by buntenbach Add buntenbach to your Buddy List
mis
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 04.02.2013

I am getting really sick of seeing "timed out" when I go to make calls...
Just like the user above, about 1 out of every 4 calls actually goes through.
I have to resave the whole trunk and it gets better for a short while before going back to useless.
It's really irritating on my main business line, which used to work much better before the GVSIP change. I lose at least a customer every day!!!!!!!!!!
This was working for a few days, as I had reported.
Whatever changed these last 4 days, the service has gone downhill...

I know its hard to make changes and roll out a feature so quickly.
However a lot of other providers have this working now.

Tried to help your user base, I know its beta...

But there is little response here. Too little too late.

Seems pretty clear your servers are not handling the requests very well.

I want a refund for the past month subscription.

Oh, and try the damn codec change I suggested earlier and in the Google voice peering thread.

It will make your servers 60% more CPU efficient.

That advice is only free after you refund my subscriptions.

You can try again next month to provide more than 20% uptime.

16.08.2018 18:20 mistere is offline Search for Posts by mistere Add mistere to your Buddy List
bun
Soho Account

Today, I did some more GV calls.

The first few worked great between 08-16 18:59:41 and 20:30:47

Thereafter only failed GV calls between 22:01:40 and 22:10:45

And again: The good calls showed in the call monitor an ip ending with /pbxes.org ( ip-xxxxxx130.hsi05.xxxxxgroup.xx/pbxes.org )

The bad calls did not show the /pbxes.org at the end of the ip-address.

16.08.2018 21:16 buntenbach is offline Search for Posts by buntenbach Add buntenbach to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Thank you two for your feedback. Again we could improve our calling gateway to Google Voice. It's not stable yet as it's a nonstandard SIP implementation, which we are trying to match under a best effort approach. As usage is ramping up there was an issue under load. Please continue to mention date/time for a failed call. Otherwise we can't track them down.

@mistere We are sorry you have the issue. At the moment it seems a good idea to have a regular phone attached to your Google Voice to avoid loosing any calls from your customers. We are responding quickly to your request, but a refund is definitely not appropriate because it's not our fault the old interface has gone.

16.08.2018 23:14 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
bun
Soho Account

Yesterday, 08-17, I did some successful calls with the GV trunk. Also inbound worked fine.

Today, from 08-18 14:07:54 until 14:53:17 I tried to call via the GV trunks with no success.

08-18 15:07:39 worked fine again. I did not change anything. As always, the IP in the call monitor shows xxxx/pbxes.org The calls with no success did not show the xxx/pbxes org. Just xxxx

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by bun on 18.08.2018 at 14:11.

18.08.2018 14:02 buntenbach is offline Search for Posts by buntenbach Add buntenbach to your Buddy List
joi
Premium Account

Registration Date: 21.11.2013

Hi!

I had failed call on 2018-08-24 at 14:44:12 through www1 meanwhile al incoming calls pass well.

Cheers.

24.08.2018 13:49 joinnovate is offline Search for Posts by joinnovate Add joinnovate to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Seems to be running stable since August 20.

For outbound calls to work it is important to have the trunk name and user name identical as it is automatically filled in by clicking "Get Google Voice password". Don't change anything from there.

27.08.2018 09:22 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
azg
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 02.05.2011

Thank you for this feature. Inbound and outbound are working 100%, but I have a problem with outbound. When I call a number and hang up before it's answered, the called phone continues to ring. I called my landline and hung up after 1 ring. The phone rang a total of 4 times and then went to voicemail. I don't know how long it would ring if VM didn't pick up.

02.09.2018 00:07 azgold is offline Search for Posts by azgold Add azgold to your Buddy List
bun
Soho Account

It looks like that our Google Voice trunks are now working fine since some time. Thank you for solving the problems after the GV protocol change and getting everything running again!

12.09.2018 09:50 buntenbach is offline Search for Posts by buntenbach Add buntenbach to your Buddy List
azg
Grünschnabel

Zitat:
Originally posted by azg
I have a problem with outbound. When I call a number and hang up before it's answered, the called phone continues to ring. I called my landline and hung up after 1 ring. The phone rang a total of 4 times and then went to voicemail. I don't know how long it would ring if VM didn't pick up.

Am I the only one with this problem?

I tried Submit & Start then deleted and re-added the GV trunk. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Edit:
I added a 2nd GV trunk and it has the same problem.

I also have a Circlenet account and it does NOT have this problem.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by azg on 12.09.2018 at 17:03.

12.09.2018 15:34 azgold is offline Search for Posts by azgold Add azgold to your Buddy List
big
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 28.08.2018

It's definitely happening when I call my other Google Voice number which is my cell phone. But that's the only phone I can test with. So I don't know if it's happening on POTS lines too.

12.09.2018 19:40 bigsimpfan is offline Search for Posts by bigsimpfan Add bigsimpfan to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Yes, calls continue to ring when hanging up before the call was connected. This is the only known bug.

13.09.2018 14:24 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
azg
Grünschnabel

Zitat:
Originally posted by i-p
Yes, calls continue to ring when hanging up before the call was connected. This is the only known bug.

The fix for no hang-up by Bill Simon:
You need to CANCEL using the same Route: headers that you INVITE'd with. I had the same bug in my implementation. CANCEL is a new request (not a reply) which is why the method in CSeq changes.
See:
https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r32018443-

There is also a problem with no ringback when calling another GV number. I believe the folks at DSLReports determined that it's a Google bug, but I can't find that post. The discussion starts here:

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r32017031-

OBi devices have ringback when calling another GV number.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by azg on 13.09.2018 at 18:26.

13.09.2018 17:55 azgold is offline Search for Posts by azgold Add azgold to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Yes, some devices will ringback while others like Sipdroid won't.

We've fixed the no-hangup before pick-up bug. Click 'Submit & Start' in Personal Data when you are ready to update.

19.09.2018 15:17 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
bun
Soho Account

Today, my Google Voice calls terminated automatically after about 15 seconds. I had to re dial several times but a real conversation was not possible because all the calls had been limited to 15 seconds.

I tried a submit and start but it did not change the situation.

20.09.2018 21:15 buntenbach is offline Search for Posts by buntenbach Add buntenbach to your Buddy List
gok
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 21.11.2010

I had same problem tonight. calls end with a busy signal after 10-30 seconds.

21.09.2018 02:49 gokartsrus is offline Search for Posts by gokartsrus Add gokartsrus to your Buddy List
bun
Soho Account

I have 2 GV-trunks and tried both: Both are the same: After about 15 to 25 seconds the calls are automatically aborted. Something must be wrong.

Calls at 09-22-18 at 11:22:42, 09-21-18 18:28:07 and all the calls before on 09-21 and 09-20 without the busy indication.

22.09.2018 10:29 buntenbach is offline Search for Posts by buntenbach Add buntenbach to your Buddy List
nei
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 24.03.2012

same problem. 21 sec call duration:
Calls at 2018-09-21 18:05:07, 2018-09-22 09:35:07 (+3 GMT).

22.09.2018 15:51 neitro is offline Search for Posts by neitro Add neitro to your Buddy List
bvm
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 07.06.2017

outgoing calls hang up and give a busy signal a few seconds into the call. what gives? things were working okay for a while.

22.09.2018 21:24 bvmf is offline Search for Posts by bvmf Add bvmf to your Buddy List
Pages (5): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next »  
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: