PBXes » English » Queues, Digital Receptionist, Faxmail, Voicemail and Ring Groups » RE: Ring Group rings extensions only one time and then only the external number
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
bun
Soho Account

Registration Date: 16.04.2014

Ring Group rings extensions only one time and then only the external number Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

For several years, I used a ring group with a few local ip extensions and one external number. The external number was a US number , which was dialed via google voice. Setting was ring all. The internal extensions and the external phone had been ringing parallel for a while. Since a short time, the internal extensions ring only one time (with no chance to catch the call) and thereafter only the external number. I even created an own extension which is linked to the external number but this was no help. Any ideas, what has changed and how we can get the old setup back?

04.06.2018 00:17 buntenbach is offline Search for Posts by buntenbach Add buntenbach to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Ring Group rings extensions only one time and then only the external number Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Have you tried to call the external number via a SIP provider? Does this make any difference?

04.06.2018 08:25 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
bun
Soho Account

RE: Ring Group rings extensions only one time and then only the external number Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I used now sipgate to call an external number in parallel to the internal ip-extensions and it worked fine: The internal extensions and the external number were ringing at the same time. So it looks like that it is a problem of Google Voice. Maybe something changed in their protocol. For me it looks like that as soon as the ring has been sent to Google Voice, the ringing of the other extensions stopped. Finally they only ringed one time. Even if you took one of the extension phones fast, the call was gone. It would be great, if you can change it back to the old configuration, where the external GV-number and the internal extension ringed parallel for a while until somebody picked up the phone or the voicemail took over.

05.06.2018 13:42 buntenbach is offline Search for Posts by buntenbach Add buntenbach to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Alright, next step. Try to call a different number via Google Voice. The number you were calling might have changed something like adding a fax detection.

05.06.2018 20:29 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
bun
Soho Account

I did what you asked for: I used a different number for the call via Google Voice and had the same negative result: Internal extensions ringed one time and then only the external number. The original number I used was a US H20/ATT cellphone number. Now I tried a Tmobile cellphone number from a friend instead. As soon as the call was sent to GV, the internal extensions stopped rining. With sipgate it is different. So it looks to me that Google Voice sends a signal to the pbx that the call had been answered even if it is only ringing for a second.

06.06.2018 14:34 buntenbach is offline Search for Posts by buntenbach Add buntenbach to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

We are doing some testcalls now to better understand the issue.

13.06.2018 17:03 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Google Voice have changed their signalling. That means calls are indicated as connected while still ringing. Therefore you can't use them in ring groups any more. You have to use a different provider for connecting to those numbers.

14.06.2018 12:09 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Soon you will be able to use Google Voice for ring groups again. For more info see https://www1.pbxes.com/forum/thread.php?postid=1530748113

05.07.2018 10:34 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: