PBXes » English » Miscellaneous » RE: Caller ID when call forwarding
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
bob
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 30.06.2014

Caller ID when call forwarding Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I want to setup simultaneous ring between one of my extensions and an external number (so easily with a ring group between the SIP extension and a CLASSIC extension). I would like the external number to see the Caller ID passed through from the inbound call.

The problem when the PSTN number number is called, the Caller ID just shows "Unavailable"; ie it's empty.

I'm down to the very simple:
* Inbound route rings Ext 400.
* Ext 400 is a classic extension that rings the PSTN number number.

Same issue. Caller ID doesn't pass through. If I set it to ring a SIP extension, the CID information is present.

I don't think my provider (Vitelity.net) is at fault, since I can set the Outbound CID if I connect my SIP device directly to them instead of pbxes.org and configuring setting a "DOD Number" on the device.

So I'm thinking either PBXes is eating the caller id info and not sending it along OR it's sending the wrong headers to my provider. Anyone know how I can get it to do the right thing?

08.03.2018 05:05 bobpaul is offline Search for Posts by bobpaul Add bobpaul to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Caller ID when call forwarding Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Probably it's just the number format that's wrong. Is your inbound provider Vitelity, too? You can see the actual numbers passed along by activating SIP Trace in System Log.

In trunks there is an option "Outbound Caller ID". Try setting this to an arbitrary ID, to check whether the headers are compatible at all to set Caller ID on outgoing calls via Vitelity.

If that works, you can use the Outbound Caller ID option to convert incoming IDs to the right format. This is explained in HELP FAQ section.

08.03.2018 11:23 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
bob
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 30.06.2014

RE: Caller ID when call forwarding Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thank you for pointing me to the FAQ. Setting CID in "Outbound Caller ID" wasn't working, either.

I had set up my Vitelity-out trunk the same way it says in question 10 for the provider "Voicetrading". Now "Outbound Caller ID" works, and if I leave that blank, then the caller id from inbound calls is passed out correctly.

08.03.2018 20:53 bobpaul is offline Search for Posts by bobpaul Add bobpaul to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: