PBXes » English » News » RE: New Account Policy
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

New Account Policy Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

We've offered completely free accounts for a long time. However there've been a number of people creating lots of accounts exceeding a fair use. So we had to constantly watch accounts and disable second accounts, which has also been annoying to some users.

So starting from today account creation costs a one-time fee of $15. Accounts can then be used life long within the usage ranges given on the accounts detail page.

In addition there are the following changes:

• Users can create an unlimited number of accounts.
  • All users are allowed to post to our public forums, to get technical support.
We hope the new policy will benefit you. If there is any issue please let us know and we'll help to fix it.

19.01.2018 13:30 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
pol
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 13.05.2017

RE: New Account Policy Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Dear PBXes, today i have found my account blocked which is, I presume, due to the change in your free account creation policy. I would like to continue using the service so would appreciate if you can inform on the ways of payment for the existing users.
Thank you very much

01.02.2018 11:56 poletaevi is offline Search for Posts by poletaevi Add poletaevi to your Buddy List
mbk
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 12.02.2013

RE: New Account Policy Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,

My account had very little use.

However, I had another account I didn't know I had (from many years ago), which I was not using (I had totally forgotten I had it).

So when I received your email, I have immediately DELETED that other account.

But today you have automatically disabled my only remaining account (this one), so I lost all the configuration settings it had.

Could you please fix this?

Many thanks.

01.02.2018 16:06 mbk is offline Search for Posts by mbk Add mbk to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Accounts will not be de-activated any more. With the new policy in place, it is okay if you pay once (monthly or setup fee) and then keep it as a free account.

01.02.2018 22:16 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
dly
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 26.10.2011

I also had a second account I forgot and didn't use.
deputylynch

The problem is you deleted the account I did use dlynchjr and kept my deputylynch one.

Is there anyway to bring back the dlynchjr one with it already set up and delete the deputylynch one instead??

02.02.2018 11:02 dlynchjr is offline Search for Posts by dlynchjr Add dlynchjr to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Yes, you can bring it back by subscribing for any paid account type for at least one month. Then go back to a free account.

03.02.2018 10:46 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
ali
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 19.03.2015

Hi
My account is blocked. I pay 1 euro with PayPal to upgrade my account. Please unblock my account. I have 2 other account and if you want remove them. But "ali021" is my primary account and I very need it.
Thanks

04.02.2018 20:29 ali021 is offline Search for Posts by ali021 Add ali021 to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

The 1€ is not charged, only authorized from your account in some cases.

If you want to unblock your account you need to pay either a month of Soho or Premium account.

06.02.2018 12:32 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
per
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 22.05.2016

From yesterday I'm unable to register SIP clients to my account.
Today I bought soho subscription, but nothing changed.
Client provides Network error, Registration failed.
Please advise, since nothing from my side was changed.

Update: TCP was changed to UDP and started working?

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by per on 07.02.2018 at 00:03.

06.02.2018 23:03 pero654 is offline Search for Posts by pero654 Add pero654 to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

So you can't register via TCP any more? If this is still an issue please open a new thread because this should work no matter which account type you are using.

07.02.2018 16:00 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Pfeil RE: New Account Policy Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

For those with clients unable to register via TCP please follow up in the following thread:

https://www1.pbxes.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=1518872470

17.02.2018 14:03 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
kyd
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 02.12.2016

have made a payment(for SOHO), but still blocked, unblock please

21.02.2018 15:51 kyded is offline Search for Posts by kyded Add kyded to your Buddy List
gen
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 16.03.2011

Also paid for a Soho account, but my account is still blocked. How long is the turnaround time between subscription and unlocking of accounts? Thanks!

28.02.2018 05:00 geneyang is offline Search for Posts by geneyang Add geneyang to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

To get changes into effect, usually a logout and re-login is necessary. With blocked accounts where no login is possible maybe a re-login from a private browsing window would be worth to try.

28.02.2018 22:13 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
ecy
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 24.05.2017

Why areare account blocked? I have two SOHO accounts. ecys and bvmf. They are both paid. Thank you.

10.04.2018 01:24 ecys is offline Search for Posts by ecys Add ecys to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Both of these accounts are active. Why do think they would be blocked?

10.04.2018 07:51 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
dgo
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 13.07.2012

Hi Pbxes, since you new policy my endpoints can't logon to pbxes anymore. it doesnt seem like my account is blocked as i can still login and change settings.

Do i need to take any action to get my functionality back? (pay/upgrade?)

Thanks for your help!

13.05.2018 03:23 dgooijer is offline Search for Posts by dgooijer Add dgooijer to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

When a PBX gets inactive because you haven't made any calls for a month, you can re-activate it by either displaying one of your SIP extensions under the extensions tab, or by registering your SIP endpoint to another port, which will also help.

15.05.2018 09:51 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
jon
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 31.08.2011

If Soho acct is old one, why did it get unverified? Also I've got a zero next to the Soho row. I thought your new policy might affect even old accounts. Just added extension today which shows under the extension tab, if that will help. The deregistration occurred on the day of my successful linking to switch board skill of Alexa, it seems..Jon

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by jon on 16.05.2018 at 23:54.

15.05.2018 14:44 jonibird is offline Search for Posts by jonibird Add jonibird to your Buddy List
jon
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 31.08.2011

Greetings! Are grandfathered accounts which are/were free still free? Thank you!!!

10.09.2018 18:50 jonibird is offline Search for Posts by jonibird Add jonibird to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next »  
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: