PBXes » English » Bugs » RE: GTalk trunk failing intermittently
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
mis
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 04.02.2013

traurig GTalk trunk failing intermittently Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I have been using pbxes since 2011 and have recommended the service to a number of colleagues, and am generally pretty happy about it. However, I have had a number of issues over the years with my GTalk trunk randomly disconnecting...

I have a Google Voice account, and a GTalk trunk that connects to it. I use a YeaLink SIP phone to connect to my PBXes extension. Randomly (sometime twice a day, sometimes not for a week or more), calls will fail to connect and I will get a "no response, timed out" error on the phone itself. After this occurs, I will continue to get the "timed out" messages until I "fix" the issue.

To temporarily resolve the issue, I have to log into my PBXes account, click on the offending GTalk trunk, and re-enter and savey password TWICE. After this, calls will connect until the issue randomly presents itself again. I feel it's important to note that when I log in to my PBXes account to "fix" the issue, the GTalk trunk always says "connected" in green, even when it isn't working. At no time does the trunk actually say "disconnected". Over the years I have had several ISPs and different network environments and the issue persists. Even using a softphone on a cell over data connection does not resolve it...

I am using a paid account, although I occasionally switch to free service when I am behind financially. The issue exists in free, premium, and SOHO subscription modes.

Am I missing some important config setting here or what? It is, after years, finally becoming too irritating to have to sign into my account all the time to resave the trunk and I want it properly fixed.

Please advise, thank you.

15.12.2016 00:17 mistere is offline Search for Posts by mistere Add mistere to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: GTalk trunk failing intermittently Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thank you for your feedback. Later today we will have a look into your logfiles to get a clue.

On our own account the GV trunk has always been stable and other users did not report anything like this. However this does not have to mean anything because you did not tell us since 2011 :-)

So we will look into it soon.

15.12.2016 15:45 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
mis
Grünschnabel

RE: GTalk trunk failing intermittently Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Any chance you've gotten a chance to check out my logs and account settings? Still trying to sort out why I have to resave my gtalk trunk all the time...

20.01.2017 03:20 mistere is offline Search for Posts by mistere Add mistere to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Sorry, somehow we lost this task. We've now enabled additional debugging on your account and will check daily.

21.01.2017 20:36 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Trace shows that the link to your GV number dies after an (incoming) call was hung up by the remote side.

After that, both sides, PBXes and GV do not respond to each other any more.

We will activate more trace information to get to the root to find the error in the software.

21.02.2017 08:44 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
mis
Grünschnabel

Thanks for taking a look, I really appreciate it.

Another but of information I noticed after monitoring the issue:
It appears that the failure only occurs after I get a call that I do not answer. IE: somebody calls my gtalk line, it rings on my device, I do not answer and let it go to voicemail, and then after that the trunk fails and I am unable to receive or make any subsequent calls after that point.

Maybe this will help with the troubleshooting. Let me know if there are any other developments...

30.03.2017 21:43 mistere is offline Search for Posts by mistere Add mistere to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Testing unanswered incoming calls like you described did not reproduce the issue on our own GV number.

You can also try to set a destination to pick up all calls (like a queue) to see if it is related.

Your GV account has six friends with presence info assigned to it. Maybe this is related? Our GV account is just a plain one without such Gtalk contacts.

07.04.2017 10:21 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: