PBXes » English » Queues, Digital Receptionist, Faxmail, Voicemail and Ring Groups » RE: general question 1 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00 1 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00 1 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00 1 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00 1 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
hng
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 06.09.2010

general question Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Greetings guys... please don"t bill for this... but I am trying (as you know I am a software engineer)to see how to better use the services... but find the support forum to be very cumbersome, and in the "help" things just are not explained well.

I wanted to have a "master account" where I could then setup "sub accounts" and resell them, but I end up having to create unique accounts for every customer... which if there were more than 30 it would be very cumbersome...

In my testing I have a new account gbsmk I am using for some basic testing of my offerings... the problem is that the account doesn"t have QUEUES like my hngsteve account... but "ring groups" and the ring groups don"t seem to work the same... I have two ring groups, -- the purpose -- come off the digital assistant > ring group 1 > ring group 2 > voice mail... but I always SKIP ring group 1, and then drop into voicemail...

It would be outstanding if the online resources explained why I don"t have queues in this current plan for gbsmk, and then if ring groups work differently?? but, my point, these resources should be found online and easily resolved (without needing support)....

Having said that... if there is a way to be a reseller, and have the accounts all be SUB ACCOUNTS to a MASTER, so I can control my customers, copy configurations between them, etc., etc -- that would be outstanding

19.06.2014 18:29 hngsteve is offline Search for Posts by hngsteve Add hngsteve to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: general question Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

As you can see in https://www1.pbxes.com/iptel_virtual-pbx.html Soho accounts don't include Queues.

Do you agree to move this thread to the public forum? Then there is a chance for others to read the answer to profit as well. If you don't like to share we will have to bill you.

20.06.2014 10:28 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
hng
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 06.09.2010

RE: general question Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hey... I would love to move it... and I would also really value from better understanding how I might have found the answer, or asked the question in the public forum... but... alas... I don't know how to move it...

If it is something you can do administratively... great, otherwise, let me know and I will copy it into a thread on the PF... where would you think it would go?

BUT a little more help... when I look at Ring Groups, it looks like if you don't get an answer, you can have it go to another Ring Group.... this functionality doesn't seem to work... it never goes past the first ring group, and jumps immediately into the voice mail of the SECOND Ring Group--- which is confusing to me...

So, my point --- I understand that you don't get Queues... but it seems that Ring Groups are not working - at least as described in the intuitive interface options. ;- )

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by hng on 01.07.2014 at 16:28.

01.07.2014 16:24 hngsteve is offline Search for Posts by hngsteve Add hngsteve to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

OK, moved this thread.

Sorry, there is no option to copy data from one account to another yet.

For your ring groups I suggest to re-create ring group 2. There must be some error in it. There leave CID name prefix empty for the beginning, please.

03.07.2014 17:15 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
gbs
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 09.01.2014

Daumen hoch! RE: general question Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

hey, finally did figure out the error in my config... if I had a link to the "moved" thread... I would gladly post what my error was... to give others a heads up...

the short answer...

one of the extensions in the first ring group had a "no answer send directly to a system voicemail" so that configuration was kicking in as a result of the ring group and before the ring group ring would expire and chain to the next...

Because they were both sending to the same system VM, the system behavior looked like it was skipping the second group...

Because we do want a "no answer voicemail" on each individual extension, the answer was, change the individual extension VM timer to 30 seconds, and the ring group ring time to 20 seconds... direct calls to the extension will eventually go to the correct VM, while the Ring Group will cycle as configured.

03.07.2014 17:22 gbsmk is offline Search for Posts by gbsmk Add gbsmk to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

This is the moved thread :-)

Thank you very much for sharing the answer to your ring groups / VM issue.

03.07.2014 23:14 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: