PBXes » English » Feature Requests » RE: JSON API to manage Phone Book
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
fle
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 06.03.2014

JSON API to manage Phone Book Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Primary Issue:

How can I upload to my phone book using an API (eg json)? I want to write a simple cron to download my Google Contacts and upload to your sugar database, without resorting to html scraping (sad face).

Secondary issue:

The 'Phone Book' is useful - it looks up incoming Caller ID and matches to a name correctly - but.. the number is at the start of the name unglücklich So I get like "+4412303123456Smith, John" for the CNAM. Problem is, with my Yealink voip handset, the CNAM only shows like the first 10 digits, which is the number, and the name is cut off. I'd like to either remove the original CNAM and replace only with the sugar data "Smith, John", or choose to prepend the sugar lookup instead of appending. At least put a space inbetween them. I'd also love to have Firstname-Lastname rather than the old fashioned system.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by fle on 10.03.2014 at 00:07.

10.03.2014 00:06 fleurbliss is offline Search for Posts by fleurbliss Add fleurbliss to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Lampe RE: JSON API to manage Phone Book Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Sorry, we don't provide an API for the phonebook yet, but noted this as a feature request.

If you modify Caller ID by prepending a prefix for a queue, a ring group or an inbound route, the name (from phone book) will be added to the Caller ID rather than replacing it. This is for keeping such prefixes visible.

We have now changed prepending phone book names instead of adding them as a suffix, as you requested. To update to the new code, please click "Submit & Start" in Personal Data once.

17.03.2014 17:19 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: