PBXes » English » Terminal Equipment » RE: Grandstream GXP1400 IP Phones loosing connection
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
che
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 29.07.2012

Grandstream GXP1400 IP Phones loosing connection Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,

I've been using PBXes for a while with no problems. Till now we were using it with PAP2, Cisco ATA 186 and Xlite soft phone without any problems. We recently brought 3 Grandstream IP phones (GXP1400) and are facing trouble. When we boot it, it registers fine and we can make/receive incoming calls from local Extentions. However after a few minutes it stops making/receiving calls. I get failed message on the LCD display.

We've tried it on both Public IP as well as NAT, and still the problem is same.

I have inserted the configuration screenshots below:

Any help will be appreciated.

Kind regards

16.12.2013 10:43 cherryecom is offline Search for Posts by cherryecom Add cherryecom to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

Registration Date: 28.07.2008

RE: Grandstream GXP1400 IP Phones loosing connection Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Sorry, no specific Grandstream knowledge, but there are a couple of general things you could try:

T1 timer set to 1 second
Use a stun server
Reduce registration interval
Use different sip ports and try port forward to each device.

Regards

16.12.2013 12:21 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List
che
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 29.07.2012

RE: Grandstream GXP1400 IP Phones loosing connection Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,

I did all of the above, and it did not really help. I changed my ports from TCP to UDP on the phones, and now I have no trouble making outgoing calls. I can make calls anytime.

However, I cannot receive incoming calls. To get incoming calls, I need to first make an outgoing call, which I believe re-registers the system and I can receive incoming calls then for a few minutes.

Could this be because now I have turned off a settling called SUBSCRIBE for Registration?

Any suggestions on how to make sure this I continue receiving incoming calls will help.
Saurabh

16.12.2013 14:38 cherryecom is offline Search for Posts by cherryecom Add cherryecom to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

Registration Date: 28.07.2008

Does sound like the router isn't keeping the incoming port open between registrations, have you turned off sip alg, or can you try a different router.
Did you set the registration interval to 120.

Also I assume you have tried Nat Traversal keep alive in the Grandstream

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tel on 16.12.2013 at 18:02.

16.12.2013 17:53 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: