PBXes » English » News » RE: TLS Security
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

TLS Security Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

PBXes now allows endpoints to register via encrypted TCP communication. This greatly enhances security because SIP protocol normally sends phone numbers, account names, etc. in clear text. Only passwords are usually encrypted.

By using Transport Layer Security (TLS) all signaling between your phones and PBXes gets encrypted while voice packets are still unprotected (this will be offered in the next step).

To connect via TLS please use port 5070. A TLS capable phone needs to be used. Sipdroid 3.0 supports TLS.

22.04.2013 09:16 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
jna
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 29.08.2009

RE: TLS Security Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Wow, it works with CSipSimple too, but not able to hung up calls while connected or when the other party hungs up; able to do so only when the other party stil ringing and does not pick up the call.
I've installed the nightly build 0.04-05 r2200

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jna on 24.04.2013 at 12:44.

24.04.2013 10:08 jnardo is offline Search for Posts by jnardo Add jnardo to your Buddy List
ivo
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 01.07.2010

RE: TLS Security Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi, when are you going to offer the encryption for voice packets?

12.08.2013 18:21 ivodibg is offline Search for Posts by ivodibg Add ivodibg to your Buddy List
mon
Premium Account

Registration Date: 17.10.2007

I am using Iphone with Acrobitz Groundwire clients software and was able to configure pbxes and make it work to call.

But now Pbxes annouced TLS security support on port 5070, I tried to configure but was never able to register the extension. I had talk with Acrobitz tech support after sending the log they stated that some issses form Pbxes side.

Request your support team to look into, as some countries banned VOIP and this the effetive way to make calls form such palaces.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by mon on 29.06.2014 at 08:59.

29.06.2014 08:54 montoo is offline Search for Posts by montoo Add montoo to your Buddy List
hig
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2012

How about TLS support on external trunks?

20.07.2015 18:36 highlandsun2 is offline Search for Posts by highlandsun2 Add highlandsun2 to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: