PBXes » English » Feature Requests » RE: A way to tell if an extension is registered (via presence API or alert email)
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
zem
Premium Account

Registration Date: 05.06.2012

A way to tell if an extension is registered (via presence API or alert email) Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,

I would need a way to programmatically tell if a certain extension (or sub-pbx/trunk) is registered or not. I know that this can be done in the operator panel and I tried to reverse engineer that thing but the protocol is pretty messy and it's push instead of pull.

I would really enjoy a simple API like http://pbxes.org/presence.php?user=abcdef-123&pass=123456 which returns either 0 or 1.

Alternatively one could receive an email if a certain extension goes offline.

Some background: We operate a GSM gateway (Sub PBX) on a pretty dodgy internet connection. I would like to periodically check whether the gateway is online and if not I would like to automatically do some countermeasures (power cycling the modem, execute a command via SSH on the gateway etc.).

I realize that this is a pretty specific problem, but I think many customers would enjoy a way to setup an email alert for their extensions/sub-pbx's similar to the ones for the trunk lines.

UPDATE: I solved the problem myself by reverse engineering the operator panel: http://pastebin.com/8SWHAXcT
I really hope that this company is not as abandoned as it's forum because I love using it..

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by zem on 09.10.2012 at 01:58.

06.10.2012 20:55 zemanek is offline Search for Posts by zemanek Add zemanek to your Buddy List
fle

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Augenzwinkern RE: A way to tell if an extension is registered (via presence API or alert email) Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

do you have a way of creating an extension programmatically?

I like pbxes.org but I need apis for it so I control the system programmatically.

06.08.2013 08:01 flexivr is offline Search for Posts by flexivr Add flexivr to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: