PBXes » English » Providers » RE: Are Chinese providers blocked?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
eur
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 02.07.2007

Are Chinese providers blocked? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

We bought a telephone number from a Chinese provider but coundn't register it as a trunk on pbxes.com. It registers ok on softphone. The server address is "dx.91call.cn". We also have an extension setup in China and the connection is on and off (using pbxes.org as pbxes.com is not accessable from China).

I would like to know if pbxes.com blocks providers in China or pbxes.com itself is blocked by Chinese Telecom? Any tips to work around this? Thanks.

24.07.2012 16:25 euroasia is offline Search for Posts by euroasia Add euroasia to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Are Chinese providers blocked? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

We are not blocking any Chinese providers or networks.

You could try accessing one of our servers directly (www#.pbxes.com, #: 1-7).

Instead of connecting via SIP protocol you could create a VPN connection to one of our servers (see HELP section).

24.07.2012 23:15 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
eur
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 02.07.2007

RE: Are Chinese providers blocked? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks. I can confirm all www[1-7].pbxes.com are blocked in China (tried in three biggest cities). The reason could be www#.pbxes.com is used for VPN, and Chinese Gov. doesn't like public VPN providers. Callcentric and sipgate all work fine.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by eur on 31.07.2012 at 05:33.

31.07.2012 05:32 euroasia is offline Search for Posts by euroasia Add euroasia to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: