PBXes » English » Feature Requests » RE: Digital receptionist without options to press
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
cen

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
smile Digital receptionist without options to press Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Maybe sound a little bit stupid but it might be useful for somebody who just want to have a greeting message or an announcement and after placing the call straight on queue or to another menu option.
At the moment if you don't put any number on that box for options the caller will be redirected but with a big delay which sometimes give the wrong impression of a call drop.
I believe a check box option will be perfect to redirect the call to an extension/ queue/ digital receptionist without the waiting time to press a button.

Regards

Catalin

23.07.2012 02:51 centralserv100 is offline Search for Posts by centralserv100 Add centralserv100 to your Buddy List
hal

RE: Digital receptionist without options to press Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

You can create a queue with a welcome messagge and your destination as an agent.

Once the welcome messagge is over the digital receptionist picks up.

If it's an extension then it starts ringing but you have to figure out a good moh that remind the phone ringing

23.07.2012 19:21 halldis is offline Search for Posts by halldis Add halldis to your Buddy List
cen

RE: Digital receptionist without options to press Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the reply!
There are some ways of doing that but I was just requesting a feature smile
There is another pbx where you have an option like
"if there is no button pressed within x seconds connect to extension /queue / receptionist". I mention that even without this option I still prefer pbxes.com.
I believe will be a good option for a promotion or for a Christmas Greeting or anything else without affecting your current configuration/ recordings.

Regards

Catalin

23.07.2012 22:11 centralserv100 is offline Search for Posts by centralserv100 Add centralserv100 to your Buddy List
hal

Dont' call me Santa but you can already do what you want.

Upgrade to Pbxpro
Go to Source View
extension.conf
select aa_X (where X is your menu #)

change the line
exten => s,9,ResponseTimeout(7)

to

exten => s,9,ResponseTimeout(0)

save and apply.

Be careful, if you modify the menu in web page again, it returns to default config and you have to edit source again.

24.07.2012 22:06 halldis is offline Search for Posts by halldis Add halldis to your Buddy List
cen

I will try that in case I'm going to upgrade. smile
Thanks for the solution!

24.07.2012 22:26 centralserv100 is offline Search for Posts by centralserv100 Add centralserv100 to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: