PBXes » English » Providers » RE: VOIPCHEAP (FUP exceeded)
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
pas
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 03.08.2006

VOIPCHEAP (FUP exceeded) Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I use my voipcheap account with pbxes.

Since 2007-04-27 my voipcheap account shows the message: FUP (fair use policy) exceeded. I am sure all the requirements were met for my account to be in good standing.

1) Does anyone else have the same issue?

2) Could pbxes ip be the cause of this flagging?

3) Any consideration or suggestion?

Thanks,

Pasquale

30.04.2007 17:13 pasqualei is offline Search for Posts by pasqualei Add pasqualei to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Pasquale,

All Betamax clones have a 300 min per week limit. If your call volume goes over that, they start charging for the calls.

Get another account and alternate between them, when you reach the limit on one account, use the other one for a while.

01.05.2007 13:51 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
pas
Grünschnabel

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Diafora,

I currently have 31 free days and make between 60 and 200 minutes per week of calls with voipcheap. There must be another reason why they are charging me.

Pasquale

01.05.2007 14:11 pasqualei is offline Search for Posts by pasqualei Add pasqualei to your Buddy List
fud

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Voipcheap Fup Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I have a VOIPCHEAP account but no free calls to UK numbers - Is this right?

27.05.2007 05:52 fudgy31 is offline Search for Posts by fudgy31 Add fudgy31 to your Buddy List
yge
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 22.12.2006

I noticed that too. It has happend to me before.
I was on a holiday, so I was not able to use it.
1 day later (after 2 calls of 60 minutes) it showed the FUP message.
Maybe it's also triggered when hitting a preset number of times the 60 minute limit (per call)?

29.05.2007 14:50 ygeffens is offline Search for Posts by ygeffens Add ygeffens to your Buddy List
bob

Was the problem not that Betamax mentiones 300 minutes per 7 days per ip.

Since we are all using the same ip adress this could be why fup is reached ?

For my business I am using voicetrading.com which has no free calls but low rates also to mobile phones.

29.05.2007 15:04 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
pas
Grünschnabel

I have been studying the way they mark my calls. Some numbers are consistently charged, while others are randomly FUP.

In general US calls are not charged, while 30-50% of fixed line calls to the UK, Italy and Netherlands are billed.

So, I wonder how they determine what gets charged...

06.06.2007 21:40 pasqualei is offline Search for Posts by pasqualei Add pasqualei to your Buddy List
yge
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 22.12.2006

Especially to find out if it's the IP the call is originating from, or the account I'm using, I created a new voipcheap-account. I added 10 euros.

My first call immediatly had FUP exceeded.
So it must be the IP, I assume.

Something to negotiate about, with Betamax i-p-tel ?

03.08.2007 14:01 ygeffens is offline Search for Posts by ygeffens Add ygeffens to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

It's not necessarily the IP Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I believe it is the payment source which correlates the two accounts. That is, if the same Paypal account, or Credit card is used to fund both Finarea/Betamax accounts, they can identify the ultimate user.

Try using a different payment method, or credentials to registered and fund the 2nd account.

If it was an IP limitation, not more than 5 users would be able to use Finarea/Betamax trunks on a single PBXes server, and they would stand to loose a lot of income from disgruntled PBXes users. They are quite smart for that.

04.08.2007 20:51 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
viz

pbxes & betamax Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all,

I have a DID linked to my PBXes PRO account and settings to use two outgoing trunks from Betamax's voipcheap.com, based on the incoming CID belonging to me or my friend.

"FUP exceeded" messages for some destinations appear almost in every case, even though total minute usage for both accounts never exceed 100-150 minutes, but 300 allowed.

There should be something wrong with PBXes IP address and usage of others.

Could someone from the administration look at this issue? Thx

19.09.2007 21:31 vizzy is offline Search for Posts by vizzy Add vizzy to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Pfeil RE: VOIPCHEAP (FUP exceeded) Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/thread.php?postid=5859

01.03.2008 21:39 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to: