PBXes » English » Bugs » RE: Unable to access account
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
luf

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Unable to access account Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,

It seems the server hosting my account is down, today I had to switch my account to Soho as it was suspended for no apparent reason. I thought having a paid account would provide automatic failover in case a server fails.

What do I need to do to move to a working server? I'm unable to reach the web configuration panel after login (connection timeout)

Regards,

08.01.2012 23:19 luferbu is offline Search for Posts by luferbu Add luferbu to your Buddy List
mbr
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 06.08.2010

RE: Unable to access account Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

my Pro account was also down for much of the day. My phones could not register and I couldnt log on to pbxes.com either.

It seems to be up now but there was no failover to another server and no acknowledgment when the site went down or when it came back up.

What happened? If this had happened on any day but a Sunday it would have been very disruptive to my business.

This is not typical of the very good service I have had from Pbxes.com. and I guess i would like some kind of explanation and reassurance.

Thanks,

MB

09.01.2012 04:44 mbronstein is offline Search for Posts by mbronstein Add mbronstein to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

Registration Date: 28.07.2008

RE: Unable to access account Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,
You haven't mentioned which server you use, but if you look at pbxes.org/status alert history you may see what caused your problem.
I use www1 and www3 and didn't see any problems yesterday, but as mentioned it was a very quiet Sunday and my phones were hardly used.
Probably worth reitterating that its best to login to pbxes.org rather than an individual server just in case accounts are moved.
Regards

09.01.2012 13:33 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Reason was maintenance to add a new server in Miami. This affected the server in New York on Sunday.

09.01.2012 15:58 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
mbr
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 06.08.2010

Well I am on www4 so that explains what happened.

Interestingly, If I am reading it right, the Pbxes status screen shows w4 as having had 100% uptime for the past 7days..????

Should maintenance have resulted in the whole server going down? why couldnt you have done a failover to another server like you usually do?

If it was planned and a service interruption was unavoidable shouldnt this have been scheduled for late at night and some notice sent out ahead of time?

As I said in my last email, you guys usually do such a great job. Still recovering from New Years Eve?

09.01.2012 18:46 mbronstein is offline Search for Posts by mbronstein Add mbronstein to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: