PBXes » English » Miscellaneous » RE: Backup-Trunks: how do they work?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
pbx

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Backup-Trunks: how do they work? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hello,

I have experienced many times that the backup trunks do not work...

I have two trunks:

1. european mobiles calls --> sipservice.de
2. everything else --> sipgate.de (also as backup for sipservice)

I would think that a call would be forwarded to sipgate if sipservice does not work, is deactivated or send a error back (e. g. resetCDR) to pbxes....

How must they be configured to achieve this effect?

Sipservice is sometimes blocked because their firewalls closes. (Hacking attack) In this case Pbxes sees the trunk, everything seems to be OK, the calls are however not forwarded to the called person.

Is it actually the way how the backup-trunks of Pbxes should work? Should Pbxes automatically use the backup-trunk in this case? (ResetCDR is sent back...)

Thank you for confirming the way how the backup trunks should really work.

Regards,

I.

23.12.2011 12:05 pbxesisti is offline Search for Posts by pbxesisti Add pbxesisti to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

Registration Date: 28.07.2008

RE: Backup-Trunks: how do they work? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,
Each outbound route should have both trunks configured, in the order you want them to be used. This works fine for me,
Regards

23.12.2011 14:27 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: