PBXes » English » Miscellaneous » RE: Lost Registration on Register Expires
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
lan

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Lost Registration on Register Expires Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I've recently run into an issues where my PAP2T will lose registration once the registration expires and it attempts to re-register. It fails to re-register on expiration, so it goes into a timeout (that I set to 30 seconds), retries and then will be successful.
The second port on the PAP2T registers to a different registry, and uses the same "registration expires" amount, but does not have issues with lost registration.
Before having this issue I also noticed also when my network experiences heavy traffic flow, the ata will lose registration to pbxes, but will stay connected to the other registry.
I'm using a stun server to aid with nat, which up til now has been working flawlessly. I've read that nat keep-alive is enabled at pbxes, must it be activated through the web gui, or is it enough to activate it in the ata?
What would you recommend for the nat keep alive interval, and what do you recommend for ata re-registration interval? I am using QoS to prioritze the PAP2T, which has helped keep good voice quality while on a call.

edit: I was checking my ata's connection remotely over vpn, which I believe is generating the sufficient amount of traffic to cause it to fail to re-registering. I'm wondering if this has to do with the nat keep-alive. I left it at the default 15 seconds, but maybe this value is too small? The other registry does not have issues like I said, so I'm amiss as to what the problem might be.

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by lan on 16.08.2011 at 17:32.

16.08.2011 16:09 lancethepants is offline Search for Posts by lancethepants Add lancethepants to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

RE: Lost Registration on Register Expires Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Based on your description, if your ATA keeps loosing registration to a SIP Proxy, your LAN is dealing with serious saturation issues.

• What kind of router are you using?
• Is it able to provide your LAN with 2-way QoS or just 1-way?

If it can only provide your LAN with 1-way QoS (outbound), then due to the heavy inbound network traffic, the replies to the Register packets might not be arriving in time to the ATA.

Increase the re-registration period to 1800 seconds and verify if the ATA stays registered to PBXes. To verify that it is, send calls to the PBXes' extension on regular intervals. If the attached phone rings, then your issue is resolved.

19.08.2011 10:06 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
lan

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
RE: Lost Registration on Register Expires Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Turns out my ATA was just acting up and just doing some other weird stuff for some reason. I did a factory reset and now it's holding the connection just fine.

19.08.2011 16:14 lancethepants is offline Search for Posts by lancethepants Add lancethepants to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

I am glad the factory reset took care of the issue.

19.08.2011 18:06 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: