PBXes » English » Feature Requests » RE: automatic Backup-Trunk in case of routing problems
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
pbx

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
automatic Backup-Trunk in case of routing problems Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,

we have pretty much troubles with our providers. E. g. their own supplier have routing problem or the system is blocked because of hacker-attack. In all these cases is the trunk still active in the PBXes-System. It means no automatic backup would work: Everything seems to work the calls go simply not thru.

For such cases would it be very good if the system tried the call thru a 2nd trunk after a certain waiting time of e. g. 15 Sek. or it would be also good if a certain system log could be set at which a reserve trunk would be used.

Thank you.

Regards,

P.

03.05.2011 12:03 pbxesisti is offline Search for Posts by pbxesisti Add pbxesisti to your Buddy List
baz

RE: automatic Backup-Trunk in case of routing problems Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I'm pretty sure that it goes through the trunks listed in the outbound route. Certainly works ok for me, if the first trunk fails for whatever reason (even if it's active) it tries the second one etc

03.05.2011 18:19 bazmercer is offline Search for Posts by bazmercer Add bazmercer to your Buddy List
pbx

RE: automatic Backup-Trunk in case of routing problems Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,

thank you for the response.

It does not work at me at all.

Is there any option that should be still activated?

It was at us as follows:

I have tried to give a call thru the default trunk and a voice was caming after 20-30 Sec. saying that it was not possible to get the call thru. (The trunk was acticated, the provider had a wrong router.)

In this moment the call must have been repeated thru the 2nd trunk...

I do not understand it.

Regards,

P.

03.05.2011 19:16 pbxesisti is offline Search for Posts by pbxesisti Add pbxesisti to your Buddy List
baz

No configuration specifically that I remember. Just as I said, in the "outbound routing" under "trunk sequence" I have the trunks listed in the order I want them to be used. If you get a voice message of any sort when you have multiple trunks, then it will be from the last trunk in the list. All the previous ones would fail silently.

What's in your logs around the time? Can you see it trying the various trunks?

04.05.2011 15:57 bazmercer is offline Search for Posts by bazmercer Add bazmercer to your Buddy List
pbx

Ok. Thank you. Now I understand how it works.

P.

10.02.2012 22:31 pbxesisti is offline Search for Posts by pbxesisti Add pbxesisti to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: