PBXes » English » PBXes PRO » RE: Settings using Polycom Phone
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
bri

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Settings using Polycom Phone Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I am new to the SIP world. I tried to search for answers on this forum and elsewhere but am still stuck. Thank you in advance for your help.

My goal is simply to use PBXes in conjunction with Google Voice to have a reliable and good quality phone line through the Polycom IP 650 phone I have on my desk.

I originally stumbled into PBXes and registered through Sipdroid however I only have a minor interest in using the PBXes service through Sipdroid. My primary interest is using my Polycom desk phone and then secondarily a softphone client.

X-Lite 4 and Sipdroid seem to work okay for me but trying to use my Polycom phone had seen marginal functionality at best.

Out going calls on the Polycom work ok but every incoming call has failed for the last several days (since I signed up.) Incoming calls ring but when I try to answer on the Polycom the connection is never successful. My best guess is that I am using an incompatible codec setting because every call is ringing but upon answering every connection attempt fails. (Alternatively I can answer calls through softphone and sipdroid ok.)

My "Transport Settings" on the Polycom phone are: DNSnaptr, UDPonly, TCPpreferred, TCPonly, or TLS I believe I have tried each of these settings with the same unsuccessful result. I don't know which one is best but I would like HD Voice if possible.

A seperate question is can I be registered to my PBXes accounted on multiple devices at once? Ex: my polycom phone and a softphone client at the same time.

I would certainly appreciate any help in getting my phone configured or perhaps a link to the right information source. Thank you!

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by bri on 26.02.2011 at 20:54.

26.02.2011 20:51 brianmoberg is offline Search for Posts by brianmoberg Add brianmoberg to your Buddy List
adm

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
RE: Settings using Polycom Phone Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I know this is an old thread, but I'm having the same/similar problem.

Outbound calls from my Polycom IP550 (running SIP 3.2.5) work just fine using the Google Voice trunk.

Inbound calls over the GV trunk ring to the Polycom phone, but I cannot answer it. (It just keeps ringing if I pick up the handset or hit the answer key.)

I've turning on G.722, but other than that I have a default setup.

I can answer calls on an X-lite softphone registering to a different extension on my PBXes account.

A workaround I found is that I signed up for a free sipgate.com account for free incoming sip calls. Set that up as a trunk in PBXes and set GV to forward to my sipgate number and not GV.

I.E. I can answer incoming calls from the Polycom just fine when they come in over a SIP trunk rather than a GV trunk.

(It would be nice to be able to use the GV trunk directly, since then I could use Google Chat receive calls rather than having to keep the softphone running while I am away from my desk.)

EDIT: Upon further testing GV was seeming to have intermittent problems connecting calls in general. Restarting my account did not help, but I changed my preferences from the newest software to "stable" software, and moved from the www4 server to www2 and all of the problems seem to be resolved. (I can now answer calls coming in on the GV trunk on my Polycom phone.)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by adm on 23.10.2011 at 08:40.

23.10.2011 08:07 adm is offline Search for Posts by adm Add adm to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: