PBXes » English » Bugs » RE: Hearing queue order before announcement... :S
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
for

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Hearing queue order number before announcement (IVR)... :S Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

If frequency is set to something different from 0 (in announcements section), everything is fine for the first call, but despite having "position announcement" set to "no", for the second and subsequents calls wich joins the queue, a message by saying the number the call has in the queue can be heared. (Just the number, "2", or "3"... and so on, but not the message... "You are placed...")

I don't know if this is happening to everybody, but at least in the spanish configuration it happens!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by for on 11.02.2011 at 22:47.

28.01.2011 13:06 formateate is offline Search for Posts by formateate Add formateate to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Hearing queue order before announcement... :S Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

When setting a frequency, I think you should also select either positions or waiting times to be announced. Did you try in conjunction with either of these?

05.02.2011 09:02 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
for

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
RE: Hearing queue order before announcement... :S Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

OK, I know what you mean, this way it works, but I don't want neither, positions nor waiting times. What I need (and how I guess the normal behaviour should be) is just the IVR menu being reproduced each 30secs. Not the position in the queue.

The IVR is just a record telling the caller: "All our extensions are busy now, please keep waiting".

But as I said, despite the option I pick in both "positions" or "waiting times", the number in the queue is played on the caller side for the second and subsequent callers.

As I understand, if I set "positions" to "no", this number shouldn't be heard. It's like if the message "your number in the queue is..." was muted, but the number wasn't.

The message I'm getting right now is (for the second call in the queue): "Two" [this is the number the call has in the queue]- "All our extensions are busy now, please keep waiting" [This is the IVR].

And then, for the third one: : "Three" [this is the number the call has in the queue]- "All our extensions are busy now, please keep waiting" [This is the IVR].

My configuration:

Caller announcements.: 30 secs.

Announce position: no
Announce waiting time: no
Voice menu: "please_wait"

Join Announcement: nothing

I don't know if I'm being clear enough... or if I'm wrong...
anyway, thank you for your attention!

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by for on 11.02.2011 at 23:00.

11.02.2011 22:43 formateate is offline Search for Posts by formateate Add formateate to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

A voice menu is only available if the position in the queue is getting announced.

If you select an announcement frequency then the position will always be announced.

Setting position announcements to "no" will override sounds queue-youarenext, queue-thereare, queue-callswaiting. So just the number of callers ahead will still be heard. In this case a voice menu like "... callers ahead. If you like to leave a message dial 3" would make sense.

26.01.2022 19:14 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: