PBXes » English » Miscellaneous » RE: packet loss and jitter
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dac
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 08.04.2010

packet loss and jitter Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I have upgraded to Soho using the G711 codec and Google Voice integration. Starting from the switch to Soho, I have experienced packet loss and jitter while using G711 and PCMU. I experience packet loss and jitter using GV and Gizmo5 as outgoing trunks with and without G711 codec engaged.

Prior the the switch to Soho, I did not experience the above anomalies. Could the switch to Soho is causing the interference.

Any help will be appreciated. Best Regards ~D

16.11.2010 22:52 dachrol52 is offline Search for Posts by dachrol52 Add dachrol52 to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

RE: packet loss and jitter Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

The only possibility I can think of is, if your Free account was on one server and your SoHo account was created on another server, further away from you.

• At which server is your dachrol52 account located?
Look for the number after wwwX at the URL bar of your browser, after you have logged in to your PBXes account.

• Where is the extension(s) physically located that experiences jitter & packet loss?
• What kind of SIP User Agent(s) [soft-phone, ATA, IP-phone] is used for this extension?
• Does the jitter & packet loss affect extension to extension calls or PSTN calls only?
• Does the SIP UAs support any other vocoders except the G.711 or PCMU vocoder?

18.11.2010 14:25 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
dac
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 08.04.2010

RE: packet loss and jitter Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

• www4
• Brooksville, FL34601
• Aastra MBU400, WIP300, DHP-541, HTC G1 w/Csipsimple or Sipdroid as client, and a D-Link DGV-1402s ATA connected directly to Gizmo5 without packet loss or jitter. The problem with Gizmo5 is that it doesn't allow dual ring only forwarding.
• Packet jitter does not effect extension to extension only PSTN or Cellular connections.
• yes, the Gizmo5 support G.711 or PCMA, Speedx(s), G.729AB, iLBC, and G.722 in pass through mode.

However, I now have a setup using a Google Voice peering with the same jitter, packet loss results. I have test my internet connection with a series of pings, with no packet loss, and acceptable jitter.

Also, with the new Google Voice peering, there is white noise or static replacing each ring. Contacts usually hang up thinking there's a bad connection. I have test this in various configurations. I goes away when I press the Submit and Start button in Personal Data, but, returns in a short period of time.

Thanks for your response
~D

25.11.2010 18:38 dachrol52 is offline Search for Posts by dachrol52 Add dachrol52 to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: