PBXes » English » News » RE: Google Voice Peering 3 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00 3 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00 3 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00 3 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00 3 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (11): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] 7 8 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
cen

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
RE: Google Voice Peering Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Has anyone got this working with the Android Gingerbread 2.3 built in SIP Stack. It seems to work just fine if I use SIPdroid but for some reason with with the built in SIP function on 2.3 it will ring and then disconnect as soon as someone picks up.

Edit: updated my Droid 1 from gpa13 to gpa14 and it seems to work fine now if I set Transport type to UDP

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by cen on 18.03.2011 at 03:35.

18.03.2011 01:01 centax is offline Search for Posts by centax Add centax to your Buddy List
mar

RE: Google Voice Peering Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

@I-P-TEL

For inbound calls, I am noticing my extensions will only ring 3-4 times before going to my GV voicemail. It seems like it takes ~15 seconds just for pbxes to receive the call and route the call to my extension(s).

To compare, I also made some test calls using my Sipgate DID in GV instead of Google Talk. Using Sipgate as my trunk in PBXes, my extensions rang within a couple of seconds so the delay seems to be with using Google Talk.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by mar on 12.04.2011 at 01:27.

12.04.2011 01:25 markks is offline Search for Posts by markks Add markks to your Buddy List
sha

I can make calls out, but if someone dials my GV number, it hangs up right away.

Never mind. I got it figured out.

In the inbound routing, I had to put in my trunk username.

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by sha on 15.04.2011 at 02:08.

12.04.2011 02:04 shayne is offline Search for Posts by shayne Add shayne to your Buddy List
bla

Zitat:
Originally posted by i-p-tel
Zitat:
Original von nsc
For inbound calls on the GV trunk, Call Screening always seems to be enabled, although I have disabled it in my GV settings. Is it possible to turn this off? Thanks! -nsc

Fixed
Hi. Is there a way for users to turn Call Screening on if they wish? I'm running an Obi and may want call screening enabled on it.

Btw. Thanks for the great site.

21.04.2011 07:19 blaicart is offline Search for Posts by blaicart Add blaicart to your Buddy List
loc

Hello - I am unable to place outbound calls or receive incoming calls with Google Voice using Sipdroid.

I used to be a free customer and it stopped working, so I paid for the soho account so I can log in and ask for help on the forums.

Please help me determine what is wrong, or where I can look to fix this. As far as I know nothing changed.

22.04.2011 00:35 localredhead is offline Search for Posts by localredhead Add localredhead to your Buddy List
ger
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 05.03.2011

I am getting this exact same issue. Google dialing used to work and then it just stopped.

Any idea on how I can get this working again?

Zitat:
Originally posted by markks
Issues here as well.

Outbound:

For all numbers dialed, I keep hearing a message that says "Cannot complete your call, please try again." It sounds like the Google Voice lady, but I cannot be sure.

22.04.2011 03:30 gervaisdem is offline Search for Posts by gervaisdem Add gervaisdem to your Buddy List
loc

It looks like I am now able to place outgoing calls - I'm not sure what changed but I went into my outbound routes and checked the box for early connect.

I'm a soho user. Some magical combination between paying for service and making that setting allowed me to make outbound calls.

I'm still not sure if I can receive calls yet.

Zitat:
Originally posted by localredhead
Hello - I am unable to place outbound calls or receive incoming calls with Google Voice using Sipdroid.

I used to be a free customer and it stopped working, so I paid for the soho account so I can log in and ask for help on the forums.

Please help me determine what is wrong, or where I can look to fix this. As far as I know nothing changed.

22.04.2011 22:07 localredhead is offline Search for Posts by localredhead Add localredhead to your Buddy List
bla

Google Voice itself had some issues starting yesterday that affected many users. As of today GV seems to have corrected the problem. Check the Google Forum.

My service was solid the whole time, but for others who had problems.....

23.04.2011 07:01 blaicart is offline Search for Posts by blaicart Add blaicart to your Buddy List
avi

I have set up a GTALK trunk and made an inbound route that has a SIP URI as destination (My SIP provider)
Calls to my Google Voice number however doesn't make it through and I get:

Unable to create channel of type 'SIP' (cause 3 - No route to destination)

in the log.

25.04.2011 22:30 avitop2 is offline Search for Posts by avitop2 Add avitop2 to your Buddy List
pap

I was running fine but i added a new line and now all i get is this

May 5 11:54:59 VERBOSE[58201] logger.c: -- Called 2625142207@from-internal-cont/n
May 5 11:54:59 NOTICE[58201] chan_local.c: No such extension/context @from-internal creating local channel
May 5 11:54:59 NOTICE[58201] app_dial.c: Unable to create channel of type 'Local' (cause 0 - Unknown)
May 5 11:54:59 NOTICE[58201] chan_local.c: No such extension/context @from-internal creating local channel
May 5 11:54:59 NOTICE[58201] app_dial.c: Unable to create channel of type 'Local' (cause 0 - Unknown)

Note it did work for a min

05.05.2011 17:59 papaslacker is offline Search for Posts by papaslacker Add papaslacker to your Buddy List
jms
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 25.11.2006

I just signed up for the SOHO account and set up GTAKLK/Google voice. It's enabled on my Google voice site as well. I cannot make outgoing calls from my ATA nor do I get audio coming in. Help please?

17.05.2011 00:03 jmstosch is offline Search for Posts by jmstosch Add jmstosch to your Buddy List
bra

After setting up my Google Voice account with PBXes, Google started informing me that my account is being accessed suspiciously from Germany. It has always bothered me that PBXes saves my google password in plain text. Is there anyway to change that? It seems very dangerous.

17.05.2011 09:21 brandon is offline Search for Posts by brandon Add brandon to your Buddy List
jms
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 25.11.2006

Zitat:
Originally posted by brandon
After setting up my Google Voice account with PBXes, Google started informing me that my account is being accessed suspiciously from Germany. It has always bothered me that PBXes saves my google password in plain text. Is there anyway to change that? It seems very dangerous.

Does your Google voice work at least? For outgoing calls?

17.05.2011 22:16 jmstosch is offline Search for Posts by jmstosch Add jmstosch to your Buddy List
ber

Hi,

i am new to PBxes.
I just updated to a SOHO account to forward my incoming SIP Calls to Google Voice but i can not get it to work.
How can i configure it so when someone calls via SIP my Google Voice phone ring.

Thanks,

20.05.2011 21:13 berilon is offline Search for Posts by berilon Add berilon to your Buddy List
mpe

Zitat:
Originally posted by brandon

You can use Google's Application-specific passwords (you have to enable 2-step verification, I believe). This way you're not giving out your Google password.

But I wonder, can anyone just grab the unique password and use it in any way they like?

Manor

01.06.2011 18:15 mperets is offline Search for Posts by mperets Add mperets to your Buddy List
evo

I have a soho account with HD Voice enabled. I'm really unhappy with voice quality over 3G (I have an LG Optimus V phone (flashed with Android 2.3.4 latest firmware from aosp). I get around 300-700kbps during day and over 1.5mbps at night download. Upload is 200-350kbps day and 500-800 at night.

Sometimes people can't hear me, their voice seem to be breaking up a lot, etc

I'm thinking about going to Skype for $2.99 for unlimited calls.

Can you guys share your opinions/feedback?
Also, pbxes needs to work on its issues - it's not my provider's isse, because calls through skype sound chrystal clear.

Thank you.

01.06.2011 23:42 evox2008 is offline Search for Posts by evox2008 Add evox2008 to your Buddy List
jon

Reading through previous posts, I couldn't seem to find answers to two remaining issues -

1) Chat status is always set as "online and available" when pbxes is logged into gtalk. Is there a way to make pbxes login invisible?

2) When receiving a mobile call, voicemail is being answered by GV. This now has the unintended consequence of ringing the mobile 1st, then rolling over to ring the GV/Sip phones 2nd, before finally being routed to GV voicemail. Is there a workaround for this? I guess not, since pbxes can not tell the difference between a GV call, and a GV voicemail...?

3) Is there a way to store passwords other than clear-text?

Other than that, service is working great!

Jon

10.06.2011 15:23 jonmenger is offline Search for Posts by jonmenger Add jonmenger to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Lampe RE: Google Voice Peering Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

3) has now been resolved.

10.06.2011 17:53 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
tom
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 24.08.2010

when some one callme using my gvoice number.. the call doesnt ring... is not taken always goes to the voicemail... why?

10.06.2011 20:43 tomatte is offline Search for Posts by tomatte Add tomatte to your Buddy List
jrj

Inbound is not working for me. Outbound is fine (so passwords etc. are OK). I've deleted/reconfigured the trunk, and restarted, just to see if that makes a difference. Google Voice is set to ring Google Chat. But when I call the GV number, the call does not ring and does not show on the PBXes log.

Probably something simple but I don't know what. Any help appreciated.

19.06.2011 17:14 jrjjr is offline Search for Posts by jrjjr Add jrjjr to your Buddy List
Pages (11): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] 7 8 next » ... last »  
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: