PBXes » English » News » RE: Google Voice Peering 3 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00 3 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00 3 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00 3 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00 3 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (11): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jam

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
RE: Google Voice Peering Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Yes, I too am concerned about the chat invitations. I only found out about it because of some warning/error email that is returned to me. What is tactually happening w/ these chat invitations?

23.11.2010 19:02 jamiehofman is offline Search for Posts by jamiehofman Add jamiehofman to your Buddy List
sai

RE: Google Voice Peering Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

This is well documented already. Asterisk 1.8 Documentation Calling using Google

"In your Google account, you'll want to change the Chat setting from the default of "Automatically allow people that I communicate with often to chat with me and see when I'm online" to the second option of "Only allow people that I've explicitly approved to chat with me and see when I'm online."

Also one would be well advised not to use their main Google account for such purposes. I recently configured Skype for Asterisk on my own box. Skype forces this policy for SFA and Skype Connect. I can see the wisdom in not using a personal account for integration into a PBX.

23.11.2010 23:00 saintlucia is offline Search for Posts by saintlucia Add saintlucia to your Buddy List
jam

Thanks for the tip about chat. That looks like it will solve the problem.

I wish I could use a non-personal account, but I'm already "locked" into using my google voice account/phone number.

23.11.2010 23:05 jamiehofman is offline Search for Posts by jamiehofman Add jamiehofman to your Buddy List
dac
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 08.04.2010

White noise instead of ringing? The problem is when someone calls my Gizmo5 # that is forwarded to GV, there is "white noise" instead of a ring. I've tested it and found that when there should be a ring, every ring is replaced with "white noise".

I have deleted my GV peering and pressed the Submit in Personal Settings several times, already. Each time the noise goes away and returns after a short period of time.

Otherwise, the service works great! Has any one else experienced this? What to do?

Regards, ~D

24.11.2010 03:43 dachrol52 is offline Search for Posts by dachrol52 Add dachrol52 to your Buddy List
jam

Somehow this unsolicited message is STILL being sent to who knows how many of my contacts, even though I changed the chat setting as previously discussed. I know this because I keep getting this message, ever since I set up the GV trunk:
----------------------
Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

XXXXX@aol.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 5.1.1 <XXXX@aol.com>: Recipient address rejected: aol.com (state 14).

----- Original message -----

MIME-Version: 1.0
Received: by 10.231.35.204 with SMTP id q12mr9989171ibd.34.1290633152407; Wed,
24 Nov 2010 13:12:32 -0800 (PST)
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 13:12:32 -0800
Message-ID: <AANLkTim2mrZFw9BqM6uEMwia6osq4sSU9kjUuxuiL2aU@mail.gmail.com>
Subject: XXXXXXXwants to chat
To: XXXXX@aol.com
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
- Hide quoted text -

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

XXXXXX wants to stay in better touch using some of Google's coolest new
products.

If you already have Gmail or Google Talk, visit:
http://mail.google.com/mail/b-7c37b52ebf-a
You'll need to click this link to be able to chat with XXXXX.

To get Gmail - a free email account from Google with over 2,800 megabytes of
storage - and chat with XXXXXXXX, visit:
http://mail.google.com/mail/a-7c37b52ebf...Ek-JRSelXXXXXLQ

Gmail offers:
- Instant messaging right inside Gmail
- Powerful spam protection
- Built-in search for finding your messages and a helpful way of organizing
emails into "conversations"
- No pop-up ads or untargeted banners - just text ads and related information
that are relevant to the content of your messages

All this, and its yours for free. But wait, there's more! By opening a Gmail
account, you also get access to Google Talk, Google's instant messaging
service:

http://www.google.com/talk/

Google Talk offers:
- Web-based chat that you can use anywhere, without a download
- A contact list that's synchronized with your Gmail account
- Free, high quality PC-to-PC voice calls when you download the Google Talk
client

We're working hard to add new features and make improvements, so we might also
ask for your comments and suggestions periodically. We appreciate your help in
making our products even better!

Thanks,
The Google Team

To learn more about Gmail and Google Talk, visit:
http://mail.google.com/mail/help/about.html
http://www.google.com/talk/about.html

(If clicking the URLs in this message does not work, copy and paste them into
the address bar of your browser).
================================

It's disturbing. How does this happen, PBXEs????

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jam on 24.11.2010 at 22:38.

24.11.2010 22:36 jamiehofman is offline Search for Posts by jamiehofman Add jamiehofman to your Buddy List
big

Same.

I registered a Premium Account so I could use my Google Voice with my PAP2T router. For the life of me I can't get incoming calls to work, but outbound calls work just fine.

It is spamming everyone on my Google Talk list with emails saying that I want to talk to them.

26.11.2010 18:49 bigmcguire is offline Search for Posts by bigmcguire Add bigmcguire to your Buddy List
jam

Yes, I think I got too excited too soon. This is not ready for prime time. I'm still spamming my friends.

Why can't Google release their own software/sip service?

26.11.2010 19:26 jamiehofman is offline Search for Posts by jamiehofman Add jamiehofman to your Buddy List
pas
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 03.08.2006

FOR THE RECORD

I am not seeing any spamming for my account.

Have you considered creating a google voice account just for PBXes?

27.11.2010 14:32 pasqualei is offline Search for Posts by pasqualei Add pasqualei to your Buddy List
jam

You're not seeing any spamming because you don't have any email addresses that are blocked by the provider or have an error in the address. That's the way that I found out.

I'm tied to my current GV account/#, and unfortunately switching is not an option. unglücklich

27.11.2010 15:16 jamiehofman is offline Search for Posts by jamiehofman Add jamiehofman to your Buddy List
hsm

Now I can't make any outbound calls on GV. unglücklich What's up with that?

29.11.2010 23:27 hsmalley is offline Search for Posts by hsmalley Add hsmalley to your Buddy List
dac
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 08.04.2010

@hsmally,
Do you have 0 local and 1 longdistance setup to use gtalk? Mine is working fine, only inbound calling receives static ring. I've reverted to my original setup using gv>sipgate>pbxes for inbound calling.

30.11.2010 07:47 dachrol52 is offline Search for Posts by dachrol52 Add dachrol52 to your Buddy List
hsm

I have what ever defaults are put in when you create the tunk,

+|.
011|.
00|.
1+nxxnxxxxxx
49+0|.

For the outbound route I have set valid for all numbers.

I have the same problem for inbound calls too. I had to setup the same thing using gv>sipgate>pbxes for inbound calling too.

01.12.2010 15:01 hsmalley is offline Search for Posts by hsmalley Add hsmalley to your Buddy List
epi

hey all, i'm new to pbxes.com and i just setup a paid account so i could
use the google voice bridging.

So i setup two GV trunks in my pbxes.com account. One GV account is
Google Apps based and the other is an @gmail.com account. I'm using
sipdroid on android as a SIP client, and with that I can successfully
initiate outbound call through either GV account. But i can't seem to
get any inbound routing to work. For inbound routing, i have one
general rule which contains an empty trunk name and cid that should
accept all calls and forward it to my one extension, 000, which is the
extension that sipdroid logs into. Whenever i call either of the GV
numbers from a random phone, the calls never go through to sipdroid,
instead i just get a busy signal or a horribly corrupted busy signal.
But I know that pbxes.com is seeing the calls since they show up in Call
Monitor as:

Caller ID Number: <the number i called from>
Destination: 000
Trunk: Gtalk
Context: ext-local
App: Busy

I've tried deleting and recreating my trunks, outbound/inbound routes,
etc, tweaking assorted parameters, all to no avail. Any recommendations
on what i need to do to get these incoming calls routed to my sipdroid
client?

ps - @distinct - given that the GV bridge uses xmpp/jabber, if you're
trying to use GV with an apps account, you should make sure that your
apps domain has the proper xmpp/jabber DNS SRV records setup. for more
details see:
http://www.google.com/support/a/bin/answ...en&answer=34143

pps - i'm NOT having any problems with chat/friend request spam.

01.12.2010 23:45 epilatow is offline Search for Posts by epilatow Add epilatow to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Don't use extension 000, any other non-zero number should do.

01.12.2010 23:59 i-p-tel is online Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
epi

@i-p-tel: i changed my extension number from 000 to 100 and now inbound calls works great and you've got another new monthly subscriber. thanks.

02.12.2010 00:09 epilatow is offline Search for Posts by epilatow Add epilatow to your Buddy List
nat
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 30.05.2008

outgoing calls no longer work for me on GV, hear ringing but call is not connected at all.

02.12.2010 19:41 natures is offline Search for Posts by natures Add natures to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Achtung RE: Google Voice Peering Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Outgoing calls stopped to work. We are looking into it...

02.12.2010 23:52 i-p-tel is online Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
nat
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 30.05.2008

Zitat:
Originally posted by i-p-tel
Outgoing calls stopped to work. We are looking into it...

Thanks.. would be witing for your next updates...

03.12.2010 15:00 natures is offline Search for Posts by natures Add natures to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Lampe RE: Google Voice Peering Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Outgoing calls bridging has been restored.

06.12.2010 22:48 i-p-tel is online Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
tin

Outgoing calls now work fine for my Google Voice line too.

06.12.2010 23:34 tinybear is offline Search for Posts by tinybear Add tinybear to your Buddy List
Pages (11): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last »  
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: