PBXes » English » Feature Requests » RE: Outbound Caller Id
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
sho

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Pfeil RE: Outbound Caller Id Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hello folks. While using FreePBX I noticed a feature that would prove useful - passing Caller ID as defined in the outbound routes rather than each individual extension or trunk. Is that or will it be possible with PBXes?

Said feature proves useful when you have multiple DIDs associated with one trunk. A perfect example of this (inbound) is provider VoIP.ms, which passes the DID on inbound calls - the DID number is what I must enter for "Trunk" in the inbound routes when you have VoIP.ms configured for an IP PBX. Currently, most of them I have set to a ring group.

So then, defining the caller ID at the outbound route works best for my scenario because a different extension may be used each time, and I'd desire to pass a different caller ID to the same trunk depending not on the extension calling, but the outbound route triggered.

10.10.2011 23:46 shohn15 is offline Search for Posts by shohn15 Add shohn15 to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2]  
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: