PBXes » English » Providers » RE: Setting ad-hoc CallCentric Outbound Caller Id?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dea
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 11.06.2010

Setting ad-hoc CallCentric Outbound Caller Id? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I am evaluating pbxes / CallCentric for my home office. I had a free account and was able to get everything working the way I want except ad-hoc outbound caller id. I need to set cid based on the extension. I set the cid on each extension in pbxes, but it doesn't work. I signed up for the pbxes SoHo account so I could ask this question.

Calcentric says the following:

To send the caller ID number of a DID on your account or an already verified number within the SIP INVITE message of an outbound call you will need to have your user agent (UA) attach any of the following headers, which are supported by most IP PBX's (check your vendor's documentation for support), to your outbound calls:

P-ASSERTED-IDENTITY
P-PREFERRED-IDENTITY
REMOTE-PARTY-ID

When we receive an outbound call from your UA with any of the above headers, and that header includes a caller ID number that is a DID on your account OR has been verified on your account we will pass that as the outbound caller ID for that call; over-riding any settings in your Callcentric account preferences.

It looks like this would be possible in the pbxes Pro account by setting sendprid=yes.

Is it possible to add sendprid to the appropriate pbxes configuration screens?

Is there any other way to add ad-hoc outbound cid to either the free pbxes account od the soho pbxes account?

Thx,

Dean

6/27/2010 - A simple response from pbxes would be most helpful.

6/28/2010 - What? Do I have to pay more to get an answer to these questions?

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by dea on 28.06.2010 at 19:06.

24.06.2010 15:47 deanonh is offline Search for Posts by deanonh Add deanonh to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

RE: Setting ad-hoc CallCentric Outbound Caller Id? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hey Dean,

Since your question has not been yet addressed by the powers at be, I will try to bump it up and try to get you a clear answer.

I am sorry on their behalf for the delay.

Have a nice day.

29.06.2010 01:03 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
dea
Grünschnabel

RE: Setting ad-hoc CallCentric Outbound Caller Id? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Diafora,

Thanks for the bump.

CallCentric is a pbxes recommended voip provider. I can't believe this can be that big a problem.

Are responses always this slow coming?

Thx again,

Dean

30.06.2010 01:28 deanonh is offline Search for Posts by deanonh Add deanonh to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Hey Dean,

I got a response back from the developers yesterday, but I didn't have a chance to post it until today.

The way to set the sendprid=yes is to either upgrade to a Pro account, which you already knew, or buy some support credit so it can be changed for you.

The underlying idea is to keep the configuration settings to a minimum, so it does not get complicated for the beginners. The idea has some merit, but makes life difficult for everyone else.

Which makes for a perfect Feature Request suggestion. Free accounts get basic web-only access, Premium and possibly SoHo accounts get deeper access into the config screens. But if a know-it-all user messes up his account, he can either reset it and loose all his/her config, or they are on their own to deal with the mess.

If you agree with the above, please open a new thread in the Feature Requests sub-forum.

01.07.2010 22:53 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
dea
Grünschnabel

Diafora,

Thank you so much for your help in this manner.

What I want to be able to do is set outbound cid by extension. CallCentric maintains a list of verified phone numbers. I want to be able to set the Outbound CID field of the Extension screen to a number that is passed to CallCentric as outlined in my original post.

How much personal support time do I have to buy to make this happen?

If setting the sendprid variable to yes is the only thing necessary to accomplish this, then it should be included in the Extension screen.

Thx again,

Dean

02.07.2010 03:15 deanonh is offline Search for Posts by deanonh Add deanonh to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Hey Dean,

Your requirement is well understood by the developers, and based on my communication with them, chances are that by setting sendprid=yes CallCentric should accept and display CallerID on a ad-hoc basis.

However since this has not been tested extensively, it might not work in all cases. This setting will eventually find it's way on the extensions' setup screen, if enough people request it on the thread you started in the Feature Requests section.

However, in order for you to have access to it ahead of time, I propose that you open a support case with the minimum amount of funds required. We will then perform the change manually on your account, and if it is the only change required, we won't deduct any support funds. If however more changes and testing is required, we will treat it as a regular support request.

Let me know what you think.

06.07.2010 08:03 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
dea
Grünschnabel

Diafora,

It appears that the minimum support amount is 15 Euros.

I will buy this support if the following assumption is correct. I will be able to set the outbound cid field of the extension screen of my current extensions and any other extension I may add in the future. This cid will be added to the information sent to CallCentric as outlined by CallCentric in my original post which started this thread.

Is this correct?

Thanks for your support,

Dean

06.07.2010 22:00 deanonh is offline Search for Posts by deanonh Add deanonh to your Buddy List
nsc
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 22.06.2010

I'd also like this sendrpid=yes feature. I'm willing to wait for it to be implemented instead of paying for support. When it is implemented, will it be for extensions only, or can it also be set at the trunk level? Thanks.

07.07.2010 07:10 nsc is offline Search for Posts by nsc Add nsc to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Hey Dean,

I had another discussion with the developers today, and it seems they need some additional information regarding your request, in order to implement it properly and add this option on the Web UI. So in order to keep the treads organized let's continue the discussion in the Outbound CallerID thread you have created in the Feature Requests section.

I will also take the liberty to transfer the text of your original request from this thread to the other one, so it reflects the required level of detail of your original inquiry.

07.07.2010 13:10 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: