PBXes » English » Feature Requests » RE: Call an URL on Phone Event
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
lee

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Call an URL on Phone Event Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi!

I'm in the process of planning out my home automation system, and within this is a "one screen overview" of the whole house such as electricity usage, security status, server health, internet connectivity, etc. etc. etc.

What I'd love is also to be able to see is a list of incoming/outgoing/missed calls, voicemails waiting and so on.

Would it be a possible option that when 'an event' happens within PBXes, e.g. an incoming call occurs, or an internal call is made, or an outbound call is made, or a call is missed, or a voicemail or a trunk drops out/comes back, PBXes calls an URL (GET/POST) and provides the details? I can then store this in an SQL database for local use.

This has other uses, but that's my idea. Would this be possible to do?? I'm sure commercial users would appreciate it for monitoring purposes and so on as well?

Or is there some other way of doing this already?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lee on 27.03.2010 at 20:37.

27.03.2010 20:35 leesmallbone is offline Search for Posts by leesmallbone Add leesmallbone to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

RE: Call an URL on Phone Event Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

So you are basically looking for a live export of your Call Monitor entries to your own SQL database. Quite an interesting idea.

28.03.2010 23:09 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
lee

RE: Call an URL on Phone Event Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Zitat:
Originally posted by Diafora
So you are basically looking for a live export of your Call Monitor entries to your own SQL database. Quite an interesting idea.

That's essentially it, in a nutshell. I was mulling over ways of this being done, and concluded the least resource-intensive method (for both you and the other parties who might want to do this) would be on a 'push' basis from PBXes itself, rather than a 'pull' from me, possibly getting the same data over and over again. It seemed a far more sensible option for PBXes just to call an URL when something worthwhile happened instead.

It need not be overly complicated either. I'm not sure how the backend functions your side, but given the data recorded in the Monitor, it all appears to be 'there', it's just a case of throwing it out in an http request.

Perhaps something along the lines of:

http://my.homeserver/voip.php?type=inbound&callerid=$caller_id&trunk=$trunk_name&destination=$destination

(and the other call monitor variables as available tacked on).

type could be 'internal', 'inbound', 'outbound', 'voicemail' and any of the other types of events that happen within.

If the call goes to voicemail and results in a message being left, perhaps another event can be fired off, detailing that fact.

If this is something you'd be willing to implement, I'd be more than happy to share my code to handle this information, if others would find it useful. It'd help me out no end.

29.03.2010 00:41 leesmallbone is offline Search for Posts by leesmallbone Add leesmallbone to your Buddy List
dor

Another thing is HTTP POST as IVR option - it would enable triggering events using DTMF

I've already implemented similar functionality, but the other way around - any event on Micasaverde Vera z-wave controller can trigger PBXes webcall.

26.04.2010 22:01 doronin is offline Search for Posts by doronin Add doronin to your Buddy List
lee

That would also be a really nice option.

Any chance of these being implemented at some point, iptel?

28.04.2010 21:31 leesmallbone is offline Search for Posts by leesmallbone Add leesmallbone to your Buddy List
dnw

I would like the real time export of call log too.

29.04.2010 01:05 dnwklin is offline Search for Posts by dnwklin Add dnwklin to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Pfeil RE: Call an URL on Phone Event Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

There already is an option for calling external URLs upon arrival of incoming calls. This is described here.

The caller id is passed as the first parameter, followed by "&n=", and the destination (the extension that was called).

17.08.2010 20:28 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
lee

Awesome! As always, PBXes continues to rock my world. Thanks guys!

16.09.2010 01:01 leesmallbone is offline Search for Posts by leesmallbone Add leesmallbone to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: