PBXes » English » Bugs » RE: www5 problems ?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tel
Premium Account

Registration Date: 28.07.2008

www5 problems ? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,
Over the last couple of days www5 web interface has been intermittently very slow and at the same time I am getting some failed calls (ext to ext and did to ext) shown as AGI in the call monitor.
I notice pbxes.org/status is also showing critical errors on www5.
Is a problem developing ?
Regards

20.02.2010 14:44 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List
baz

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
RE: www5 problems ? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I noticed it was taking about 20 seconds for me to dial internal extensions yesterday and to dial external numbers. Not sure if it's always been like that, I've only just started using the system. I switched over to www1 though and it's much quicker.

I was using www5 from the uk is a slightly lower ping and fewer hops.

20.02.2010 16:36 bazmercer is offline Search for Posts by bazmercer Add bazmercer to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

RE: www5 problems ? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Yes, sounds the same.
www5 went like this before its last failure so I think I will move as well to try and avoid imminent problems,
Regards

EDIT: moved, now very quick again.
The ease of changing server in event of problems is impressive.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tel on 20.02.2010 at 17:09.

20.02.2010 17:02 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List
bob

Zitat:
The ease of changing server in event of problems is impressive.

Yes it is, if you can access the controlpanel, if not you will have to wait for a failover to transfer your account. This is the reason I asked for a seperate interface where you can login and change your server in the event you are unable to reach the controlpanel.

Just had the same problem. www5 was very slow and now 2 minutes later al pages are loading at normal speed.

Now yet 2 minuter later again, slow again

What is going on here. I thought there were new faster servers ?

switched to www1 and speed is normal. please chekc what is going on.

any update on this as several people had the same problem ?

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by bob on 22.02.2010 at 10:58.

21.02.2010 21:26 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

Please verify your UAs' registrations to the www5 server again. Mine re-registered properly a few minutes ago.

22.02.2010 15:54 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
bob

Diafora,

Don't feel like registering back to www5 without a statement what happened.

As above persons all mentioned registration was never a problem but the server was very slow from time to time. Since several people complained about this there must have been some sort of problem.

So the big question is why was this server so slow from time to time ?

If this problem has not been recognised this would mean that it can still be there. Since it can still be there there is no reason going back unless www1 will fial.

22.02.2010 17:01 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

I agree, www5 is still showing critical alerts.
I think it makes sense to move back when it is stabilised.
I wasn't losing registrations with www5, but failed calls and intermittent and slow web access.
Regards

22.02.2010 17:10 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

www5 will be taken down tonight for a short hardware check.

22.02.2010 17:23 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
bob

any update on this ?

24.02.2010 11:06 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

There was a temperature problem which seems to have been fixed.

24.02.2010 19:00 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
seb

I am glad I found this thread, on www5, i cannot access the status, and I am not sure www5 is working well.

Some of you changed and went from www5 to www1. How ?

Thanks.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by seb on 26.02.2010 at 13:08.

26.02.2010 13:01 sebastien is offline Search for Posts by sebastien Add sebastien to your Buddy List
met

I cannot access status. It tells me to try relogging-in and if not submit and start. Neither has any effect. I cannot submit and start - it just goes back to same message.

Also all of our sip extensions are unreachable - give engaged tone.

What can be done to fix this now? It is causing us real problems.

Thank you

26.02.2010 13:09 metokote is offline Search for Posts by metokote Add metokote to your Buddy List
seb

Zitat:
Originally posted by metokote
I cannot access status. It tells me to try relogging-in and if not submit and start. Neither has any effect. I cannot submit and start - it just goes back to same message.

Thank you

same for me

26.02.2010 13:36 sebastien is offline Search for Posts by sebastien Add sebastien to your Buddy List
cyb
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 22.07.2006

Zitat:
Originally posted by sebastien
Zitat:
Originally posted by metokote

Thank you

same for me

We're experiencing the same.

EDIT: What's the best way to change to www1? Is it a simple as changing the timezone in Personal Data.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by cyb on 26.02.2010 at 14:01.

26.02.2010 13:50 cyberdude is offline Search for Posts by cyberdude Add cyberdude to your Buddy List
seb

Zitat:
Originally posted by cyberdude

EDIT: What's the best way to change to www1? Is it a simple as changing the timezone in Personal Data.

Thanks cyberdude, I found it :-) i am now on www1, and I have a status !!

26.02.2010 14:49 sebastien is offline Search for Posts by sebastien Add sebastien to your Buddy List
met

I too worked out how to shift to www1 manually and it gave me a status. However I thought this was supposed to happen automatically?

Also have tried to have a conference call this afternoon and the quality has been bad. Lots of callers being cut off - loud hissing noises, lots of echo etc

What is going on? This normally works well for us

26.02.2010 16:32 metokote is offline Search for Posts by metokote Add metokote to your Buddy List
bob

Zitat:
I too worked out how to shift to www1 manually and it gave me a status. However I thought this was supposed to happen automatically?

Yes it should but it will only happen if the server is really offline or has major problems.

What seems to be the case here is that the server works sometimes and sometimes not. According to iptel there is/was a heat problem. Heat can cause these strange things. cpu will clock back if it becomes to hot and will start at full speed again if temperature drops.

The other problem is that is the server is offline it does take some time before you are switched to antoher server. Once there are problems and you can't login you have to wait for the system to tranfer you. This can't be done by yourself manually.

I have asked iptel in a different thread to look at a seperate userinferface, different domain where you can login and change the server yourself. This would mean that even if your server is offline or slow to respond you would be able to switch servers without having to wait for the failover to move you to a different server.

I used to be on www5 but have switched to www1.

iptel did mention hardware was checked and there was some sort of heat problem. Since many still seem to have problems it looks like they have not been solved. I would suggest change server and wait untill there is a final working solution before you go back.

26.02.2010 17:29 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
pro

I have had many calls on my mobile phone as people couldn't get through to our PBXes numbers. Then i had trouble with the interface on www5.

Switched to www1 and everything is working again. NOT impressed, I thought this was meant to rollover automatically.

Joel.

26.02.2010 17:32 provenworks is offline Search for Posts by provenworks Add provenworks to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Lampe RE: www5 problems ? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

The malfunction of www5 today was caused by a misconfiguration. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

The delayed response was caused because I am working from Portugal instead of Germany at the moment.

Thanks for your patience,
Pascal

27.02.2010 00:52 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
sol
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 04.04.2008

Hi

I can't seem to be able to login into www5 also. It is at least for the last hour or so. Is there a problem we should know about?

Thanks

Dany

28.02.2010 11:27 solverglobal is offline Search for Posts by solverglobal Add solverglobal to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next »  
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: