PBXes » English » Miscellaneous » RE: trunk specific inbound routing won't work
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
von
Soho Account

Registration Date: 03.10.2007

Fragezeichen trunk specific inbound routing won't work Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I'm having trouble getting trunk specific inbound routing to work. I have several different inbound SIP trunks coming from DIDs. I would like to route each of them to different extensions (both SIP and classic).

If I add an inbound routing that leaves trunk blank, then inbound routing will work for all calls on all trunks, routing them to the one extension specified there, ignoring all other inbound routes. If I put the name of a trunk in that same rule it won't route the incoming calls to the specified extension, but instead routes it to extension 110 saying "The person at extension 110 is not available. Please leave a message." I think 110 is the first extension numerically that has voicemail, but other than that I can think of no reason why it would go to extension 110. I've run through the options on every single page looking for something set to extension 110 and there is none.

I can't find out where this default is set at nor can I figure out why the trunk routing is working. I read somewhere that I might have to use my username in the trunk name. I have tried username, domain name, trunk name and I can't figure out what will fix it. I've tried it with other routes from other providers and that didn't help.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Cheers,
Keith

31.01.2010 22:31 vonbarky is offline Search for Posts by vonbarky Add vonbarky to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

RE: trunk specific inbound routing won't work Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hey Keith,

Unfortunately, DIDs from different ITSPs require different treatment in most cases. With which of your trunks are you having trouble?

01.02.2010 18:13 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
von
Soho Account

RE: trunk specific inbound routing won't work Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I have one from VoipStreet and one from SIPGate and both of them are having problems. I have several from Eutelia Italia and those are routing just fine. Is there a list somewhere that shows the settings you need to use for each provider?

The only way I can get any routing results from either voipstreet or sipgate is from creating a generic inbound route.

Thanks!!

01.02.2010 18:29 vonbarky is offline Search for Posts by vonbarky Add vonbarky to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Regarding SipGate's DIDs, the ones I have from their UK affiliate, get routed properly via their Trunk name. No idea how VoipStreet's system works.

02.02.2010 02:52 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
von
Soho Account

How would I go about finding something like that out? Where is that info kept in the source files? If I knew that I might be able to trace it back with asterisk info...

02.02.2010 11:11 vonbarky is offline Search for Posts by vonbarky Add vonbarky to your Buddy List
dnw

Registration Date: 01.01.1970

Is the Pbxes support to identify different DID inbound from the same trunk?
Thanks

22.02.2010 20:53 dnwklin is offline Search for Posts by dnwklin Add dnwklin to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

That depends on what kind of information is carried on the SIP headers of the inbound calls. Which is highly ITSP dependent, since it works with some but not others.

We might be able to identify the information, but it will take some time and effort, and this is what paid support covers.

23.02.2010 12:29 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: