PBXes » English » Bugs » RE: www5 down again
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
bob

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
www5 down again Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Just saw my mailbox that www5 was down and my account was transferred to www1 and since 2 hours back to www5.

I am unable to conntect to www5 through the internet.
My phones remain dead and since I am unable to change the server customers can't reach me.

All the safeguards fail to work and since I can't change the server I have to wait for this to be resolved which is bad.

So here comes another improvment that needs to be made. Make a seperate page somewhere where users can login can change the server they are on. Now when i login I get tranfereed to www5 because that's where my account is but this is unreachable so I have to wait wait and wait before this gets resolved.

If I were to be able to login and set my account to go to antoher server I can do this myself now my business is down, why ?

Also when reading the forum here, the last few month's there have been many problems, maybe it's time to look at more safeguards of bettter servers.

I seem to be able to ping www5 but that's all so it's not dead but my pages will not come thru

another strange thing, I posted this on the forum thru www1 when I go to www2 this post can't be found whu ?

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by bob on 27.01.2010 at 10:38.

27.01.2010 10:23 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List

RE: www5 down again Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

My lines are down, too. This is incredible. I thought paid accounts were supposed have a backup or something!!

27.01.2010 10:47 703220 is offline Search for Posts by 703220 Add 703220 to your Buddy List
bob

RE: www5 down again Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Seems like the backup transferred the account to www1 again or it was done by hand.

Problem was that I got a message that the were transferred late last night also.

The biggest problem is that if a server is down there seems to be no way to change the server by hand. Since you can't reach your server you can't login to the control panel and are therefore unable to change to a working server.

The question is therefore how long does it take for the failover system to tranfer the accounts to antoher server ?

I looked this morning and it took more than 30 minutes, that was the point i looked in the systems, it might have been down before.

So the conclusion can only be the failover system does work but it seems to take to long to work. But maybe it's setup to wait that long ?

So iptel how long does it take for an account to be transferred to another server in case of a problem ?

The next question is that now it seems to long before accounts have been transferred so what can/will you do that we are able to login to some sort of console so that we can manually switch to a different server.

Last question what is the reason for all these problems the last few month. Servers going down, multiple hdd crashed, failover that works to slow.
Any plans on using better hardware for example a server using san attached storage.

For example there are providers offering servers and data is on a san. In the event a server goes down it takes them 30 seconds to startup on a backup server.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by bob on 27.01.2010 at 11:33.

27.01.2010 11:30 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
cc

all these problems are getting maddening! For once, www2 wasn't affected so I can breath a brief sigh of relief... but I'm sure issues are just around the corner :/

I really wish pbxes was more robust. I have a windows 95 box that has better uptime then pbxes smile (j/k...)

I'm considering rolling my own * box in a linode or something - but I'm too scared... haha...

Hopefully iptel eventually creates something that is truly fault tolerant.

27.01.2010 20:18 cc is offline Search for Posts by cc Add cc to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

www5 was too heavily loaded. The failover mechanism worked but when the paid accounts were transferred back after 8 hours it again overloaded.

We are replacing www5 by a bigger machine as soon as possible. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Load on www5 has been reduced in the meantime.

27.01.2010 22:03 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
bob

Thanks for the answer but this still not answer my question why it took the failover system so long to tranfer the accounts.

Also as I mentioned there is no way we can do this ourselfs is a server can't be accessed.

In my eyes the failover system failed because it took that long and we could not do anything ourselfs.

If you say the system was overloaded does this mean there are to many accounts on a server ? If so it would be time to set a maximum nuber of accounts per server or at least have lots of backup.

How will you resolve the issue that we can change the server ourselfs in case of a problem / when our sever can't be reached.

I am thinking about a controlpanel on a seperate server like many vps providers offer. In case their vps hangs they can reset it through the controlpanel on the providers server.

28.01.2010 10:29 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Thanks for your separate feature request. I have seen it.

28.01.2010 12:19 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

We are now starting the replacement procedure. Free accounts on www5 will be down for about one hour.

29.01.2010 21:21 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

The server has been replaced. All datacenters (except Tokyo) are equipped with newest machines now.

30.01.2010 00:00 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

Registration Date: 28.07.2008

My extensions are all down
Regards

Edit:: and my incoming trunks are registered to www1

Edit:: IPTel can you fix it please, there seems to be something wrong with my account after each time you move it.
Regards

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by tel on 30.01.2010 at 02:18.

30.01.2010 01:08 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

A file was not synced properly that delayed registrations til now. Sorry for the delay.

30.01.2010 04:22 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: