PBXes » English » Providers » RE: Voicetrading - Outbound trunk issue
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dan

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
verrückt RE: Voicetrading - Outbound trunk issue Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I'm seeing the same with all calls using SIP Discount since 17th September:

Sep 20 15:50:07 VERBOSE[4753] chan_sip.c: SIP response 100 to standard invite
Sep 20 15:50:07 VERBOSE[4753] logger.c: -- Got SIP response 503 "For wholesale traffic, check http://www.voicetrading.com"
Sep 20 15:50:07 VERBOSE[41735] logger.c: -- SIP/sip.sipdiscount.com-5aa7 is circuit-busy
Sep 20 15:50:07 VERBOSE[41735] chan_sip.c: Hangup call SIP/sip.sipdiscount.com-5aa7, SIP callid 7f215ec453219f9126b5ca672f91461a@sip.sipdiscount.com

Incoming calls still work correctly, and I can make outgoing calls directly with SIP Discount if I register my handset directly with SIP Discount.

I've raised a ticket with SIP Discount yesterday, to which they responded this morning with a generic response which completely ignores the detail provided (now there's a surprise) - and I haven't heard from them since I responded to them...

Looking at the detail of the response in the log, it does appear as if SIP Discount may be blocking pbxes for "wholesale usage"

I was previously on WWW3 - WWW2 also does not work for me, but WWW4 does...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dan on 20.09.2010 at 20:21.

20.09.2010 20:03 danlance is offline Search for Posts by danlance Add danlance to your Buddy List
roc

RE: Voicetrading - Outbound trunk issue Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I have 2 incoming numbers, one with voiptalk and one with voipcheap. Neither incoming numbers can be used, none of my customers can get hold us us, madnesss. I will probably b leaving pbxes.org, this isnt a virtual pbx worthy for business use.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by roc on 21.09.2010 at 17:47.

21.09.2010 17:45 rocketstore is offline Search for Posts by rocketstore Add rocketstore to your Buddy List
baz

RE: Voicetrading - Outbound trunk issue Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Zitat:
Originally posted by rocketstore
I have 2 incoming numbers, one with voiptalk and one with voipcheap. Neither incoming numbers can be used, none of my customers can get hold us us, madnesss. I will probably b leaving pbxes.org, this isnt a virtual pbx worthy for business use.

it's nothing to do with pbxes...

21.09.2010 17:59 bazmercer is offline Search for Posts by bazmercer Add bazmercer to your Buddy List
roc

I know but its all about the quality of support and customer service you get when you have a problem. Firstly there is no free support, then even you pay for it the response time is terrible.

21.09.2010 19:31 rocketstore is offline Search for Posts by rocketstore Add rocketstore to your Buddy List
baz

Does anyone have any of the betmax clones working at the moment? I spend a fortune calling UK mobiles and they seemed to offer the best rate.

Anyone know any providers that provide a decent rate to uk mobiles?

30.09.2010 09:06 bazmercer is offline Search for Posts by bazmercer Add bazmercer to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

Registration Date: 28.07.2008

Hi,
I think the wholesale Betamax clones are the cheapest , I use Voicetrading and Siptraffic (VoipPro is the same) with no problems. I find them cheap and reliable with per second billing (Grey routes for landlines and Standard routes for mobiles seems best) and I swap between them when rates vary.
The domestic Betamax clones (Voipcheap etc) are generally more expensive for UK Mobiles, charge vat and only offer per minute billing (expensive if you keep hitting voicemails), and all suffer from the same IP problems described here.
Regards

edit: Callwithus is also cheap and works with PBXes, but I find UK mobile calls are not always reliable.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tel on 30.09.2010 at 10:56.

30.09.2010 10:50 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List
eur
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 02.07.2007

Betamax clone stopped working today 30th Sept on www4 for me. It stopped working on www1 for me few weeks ago.

We may have to use other providers with pbxes.com. I tried Callcentric before for UK mobile outbound and calls were routed to wrong persons, although Callcentric's support were good and they worked with me to find out what went wrong, yet they told me they had to stick with their (cheaper) routing company.

I am thinking about using Localphone, does it work with pbxes.com? I'm a "light" user so Voiptrading is not a viable choice.

30.09.2010 14:44 euroasia is offline Search for Posts by euroasia Add euroasia to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

Hi,
Sorry I'm not familiar with Localphone.
All the cheaper companies I tried had some drawback or other (wouldn't register, Latency, FUP, billed in minutes, no callerID, unreliable UK mobile calls, VAT etc etc) .
If you find anything reliable and cheaper than Betamax wholesale then I would be interested as well.
Regards

30.09.2010 16:09 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List
eur
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 02.07.2007

Nonoh starts working for me on www4 again. If problem happends again, I will try localphone and let your guys know the result. Thx.

30.09.2010 17:32 euroasia is offline Search for Posts by euroasia Add euroasia to your Buddy List
baz

yeah i checked out the wholesale ones, they seem cheap but for some reason they want a UK VAT number and company registration. I'm not VAT registered, and I'm not a Ltd company either... Have emailed them.... Won't hold my breath!

30.09.2010 20:21 bazmercer is offline Search for Posts by bazmercer Add bazmercer to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

I think you only need to supply company registration and VAT number in order to purchase credit without paying the VAT. If you don't have a company then you have to pay VAT (with the domestic Betamax like Voipcheap you pay the VAT whether you are a company registered or not).
I found registration was instant but you have to make first payment by bank transfer, afterwards you can pay by Paypal or credit cards etc.
Ron

30.09.2010 22:03 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List
ase

Does anybody know what datacenter enables to use both betamax and multifon.ru providers. When i am on www4 or www2 I can use ONLY voipdisount and when I am on www1 i can use ONLY multifon.ru.
HELP PLEASE smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ase on 14.10.2010 at 11:40.

13.10.2010 10:10 aserco is offline Search for Posts by aserco Add aserco to your Buddy List
tic
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 17.06.2010

Multifon should work from either (i see no reason why it shouldn't) - i'm on www3 and it's good. If it's not working, PBXes should look into that.

just in case anyone is interested - Multifon is not actually a provider, it's a SIP service of Megafon, one of 3 Russia's largest mobile operators (like Orange, Vodafone, etc) so you have to have russian Megafon SIM to use it. Quality is superb though, tariffs are like Skype more or less.

08.11.2010 12:26 tico is offline Search for Posts by tico Add tico to your Buddy List
rda
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 20.03.2011

Dear all,

I have been recently experiencing again the same annoying problem with Betamax trunks:

Got SIP response 500 "Internal server error"

Now, it is evident for some reasons they blocked some IP and I am now trying to get them unblocked again.

This is, in my humble opinion, an issue that should be addressed sooner or later in a more effective and definitive way.

Assuming we cannot grant all people to always "behave" properly, we cannot rely on a solution that purely assumes some users will not try to abuse the offered services.

That being said the only way a traffic provider has to double check the authority of a user to spend his credit is either with his credentials but also with his source IP.

Now, couldn't be possible for you guys to offer, as a separate option, the possibility to have a unique static IP assigned to every customers of yours who expressly requests it?

I don't mean it for free but paying.

Besides now it may also be time for you to consider the idea of routing your traffic back and forth to Betamax servers through a private peering, thus sparing a lot of Internet bandwith, increasing your client's perceived quality and you could even use private IP classes for the internal routing, so that you should not even ask RIPE to assign you any new IP class at all.

In other words: you could reduce your costs (peering with Betamax), increase your revenue (fee for each private IP) and increase the perceived quality of your service from your clients.

Any other suggestion or idea you may think could work better with less effort for you please let me know and I will be more than happy to try to convince Dellmont/Betamax of that new possiblity.

Thank you in advance for your reply.
Best regards
Rosario

07.04.2013 08:31 rdarioc is offline Search for Posts by rdarioc Add rdarioc to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3]  
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: