PBXes » English » Providers » RE: Voicetrading - Outbound trunk issue
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ric

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
RE: Voicetrading - Outbound trunk issue Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

All Betmax servers seems to have the same problem (at least mine Voipraider and Justvoip). I got the same error through PBXes, although they work fine if I configure them on my phone.
Can PBXes check the different behavior using PBXes and a simple ATA ?

thanks

09.01.2010 15:10 ricardopereira is offline Search for Posts by ricardopereira Add ricardopereira to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

RE: Voicetrading - Outbound trunk issue Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Ricardo,

Even if we verify the behavior of a Betamax account with an ATA, and it works properly, what difference will it make?

Apparently, this is not the first time Betamax has created issues for PBXes users. As it is known universally, they are hard to reach, difficult to work with, and extremely unresponsive.

But they will listen to customer complaints. They might not reply, but magically your issue might be resolved in 3-4 days or in a week. It might never get resolved if they choose to, but I am pretty sure they will at least read it.

So in my opinion, a deluge of nearly identical complaints, from several users of their services, bringing up an issue in relation with their PBXes accounts, might supply them with the required jolt, to resolve it.

If you think another approach should be taken, please let us know. We are open to suggestions.

10.01.2010 13:40 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
bob

I replied before and I am using voicetrading daily bases. I have had no problem using them. that said sometimes I just can't get a connection, hang up dail again no problem.

It seems strange that some users have a problem and others not. could this be pbxes server or ip address related. (just thinking out loud) I am on www5 and no problem.

Maybe other users that have problems are on another server that has another ip and betamax blovked the ip ?

10.01.2010 19:56 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

Registration Date: 28.07.2008

I am on www5 also, no problems with voicetrading
Regards

10.01.2010 22:41 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List
suv
PBXes PRO

Registration Date: 17.09.2007

I am on WWW3 and voicetrading refuses to work, i signed up with another ISP and that is working well with PBX.

Thanks
Suvidh

11.01.2010 14:23 suvidh is offline Search for Posts by suvidh Add suvidh to your Buddy List
bob

You might want to try to change to server www5 (Paris) to see if voicetrading will work than.

If it doens't work than there is another problem that could be related to your pbxes account. If it does work on www5 than it's related to www3 (Nürnberg) where you are.

I would also ask pbxes to look into this as it seems strange that some users have a problem and others not. In case www5 has a problem my account would be transfereed to www3 meaning maybe I could not use voicetrading anymore ?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by bob on 11.01.2010 at 16:13.

11.01.2010 16:12 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
ren
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 14.09.2006

Daumen hoch! RE: Voicetrading - Outbound trunk issue Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

My VoipBuster Account has been working fine again for like four days.

Not sure, who changed what exactly (I thinkg PBXES had some maintenance going on on the 21st though), but to whoever it was: Thanks a lot for doing it! :-)

Grüessli,
Rene

24.01.2010 19:58 renejaun is offline Search for Posts by renejaun Add renejaun to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Well, if some or all Betamax trunks started working after last Wednesday, for accounts hosted on the www2, www3 & www4 servers, it is very likely Betamax had blocked some of the previous IP addresses assigned to PBXes servers.

During last Tuesday's maintenance window, the PBXes service was migrated on servers with new IPs. If the trunks in question started to deliver calls, without any changes, then chances are the IP change, rendered Betamax's block of the old IPs ineffective.

Which leads us to the question, whether Betamax had blocked these IPs from delivering calls to their network, and what made them do so. Will they take similar action in the future, and how can this be prevented?

It is highly probable that some PBXes users had attempted to defraud Betamax in some way, and for Betamax to have responded by blocking access from a certain IP(s). In the future consider that PBXes is a shared resource and as such it should not be abused.

25.01.2010 01:03 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
bob

So it looks like a n ip block.

How could you misuse the service, one of the problems has always been that betamax gives 300 minutes per 7 days per unique ip address. since everyone shares the ip so are the minutes.

You could better ask why 3 servers are blocked and indeed how this can be prevented in future.

25.01.2010 09:43 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

This is extremely worrying as Betamax companies are my only outgoing providers. It appears that I could lose outbound service via PBXes at any time (and have probably just been lucky so far).

Does anyone know of another provider to use as a backup that offers good rates and passes callerID ?
Regards

25.01.2010 12:44 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List
bob

This is a good question, I also use betamax for outgoing and it's a valid point.

The question is if pbxes can do something about this. Seems that any contact with betamax is always difficult but it might be worth looking at.

25.01.2010 17:56 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

I believe what I wrote, was partially misunderstood. I did not claim all 3 IPs of the www2, www3 & www4 servers were blocked by Betamax.

The only fact is, the IPs of these 3 servers changed during the maintenance window. Maybe one of them was blocked, maybe none of the IPs were blocked.

Reading through this thread, some users whose account was on the www5 server, did not have any issues calling via their Betamax trunks. Other users on the www3 server had issues. Then, the IP of the www3 changed and some Betamax trunks begun to deliver calls again. So chances are the old IP of the www3 server was blocked from delivering calls.

Are there any users who faced the above issue with their accounts being hosted on the www2 or www4 servers? Was their issue resolved by the IP change?

Now regarding Betamax's ever-changing FUP and the allocation of the free or the not so free minutes, it is completely unrelated to the possible blocking of any IP(s). It's one thing to charge for a call that was supposed not to be charged, and quite another to not accept a call for delivery to the PSTN. So let's not equate unrelated things.

For purely historical purposes, our trials and tribulations to level the playing field for all PBXes users that used Betamax / Finarea trunks, can be found in the following thread: http://www4.pbxes.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=1850

Regarding the possibility of having one or several PBXes' IP(s) blocked, and whether we can do something to prevent that, please remember that PBXes is not a client of Betamax or any other ITSP. PBXes is providing a hosted PBX service and has been doing so for the past 4 years. In case an ITSP decides to not allow PBXes to offer its' services, either for outgoing or inbound calls, there is not much we can do about it.

But the ITSP's direct clients can demand explanations and force the hand of their ITSP to change that policy, or to work with us to overcome any possible barriers.

25.01.2010 18:30 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

Hi,
My concerns are only with the possibility of IPs being blocked and consequently losing service. Voicetrading is my outgoing provider so I am not involved with free minutes or FUP.
Some comments from other Betamax users on different PBXes servers would be helpful.
Regards

25.01.2010 19:46 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List
sjt

Got the same issue with betamax's voipbuster unglücklich

Update:
found this line

Sep 17 08:01:55 VERBOSE[54434] logger.c: -- Got SIP response 503 "For wholesale traffic, check http://www.voicetrading.com"
Sep 17 08:01:55 VERBOSE[81759] logger.c: -- SIP/Voipbuster-fb20 is circuit-busy

Maybe is the ip adress over de fup of betamax??Update

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by sjt on 17.09.2010 at 07:13.

17.09.2010 06:52 sjteef is offline Search for Posts by sjteef Add sjteef to your Buddy List
baz

webcalldirect (betamax clone) seem fine. Though sometimes it takes quite a while for calls to get routed, and occasionally I have to dial them twice. I guess you get what you pay for. I do get circuit busy occasionally too

Incidentally, some people have complained about my number showing on their caller display as being "weird" (that's all the info I got). "It had lots of fours in it". I assume it was showing as 0044xxxx. Now, who should translate that to a UK number? The caller ID software itself on their phone? Or does it get stripped out when it hits the UK network?

Thanks

edit: I guess they think that everyone calling via PBXes is one company...

Sep 17 10:38:57 VERBOSE[31457] chan_sip.c: SIP response 100 to standard invite
Sep 17 10:38:58 VERBOSE[31457] logger.c: -- Got SIP response 503 "For wholesale traffic, check http://www.voicetrading.com"
Sep 17 10:38:58 VERBOSE[19945] logger.c: -- SIP/webcalldirect-0bbb is circuit-busy
Sep 17 10:38:58 VERBOSE[19945] chan_sip.c: Hangup call SIP/webcalldirect-0bbb, SIP callid 460049cd21dd08b01a5e34d4634b81ce@sip.Webcalldirect.com
Sep 17 10:38:58 VERBOSE[19945] logger.c: == Everyone is busy/congested at this time (1:0/1/0)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by baz on 17.09.2010 at 10:45.

17.09.2010 07:36 bazmercer is offline Search for Posts by bazmercer Add bazmercer to your Buddy List
sjt

Issue solved by switching to server www4 smile yeaah,,,

17.09.2010 10:51 sjteef is offline Search for Posts by sjteef Add sjteef to your Buddy List
baz

I guess it's only temporary, until everyone else starts using that server. I presume they only allow a certain amount of calls from a certain IP..

17.09.2010 11:22 bazmercer is offline Search for Posts by bazmercer Add bazmercer to your Buddy List
ric

Looking at voicetrading we can understand the problem we're having now:

"
Important!
If you are using a hosted voip softswitch provider like eq. Kayote Networks (etc), make sure you are ONLY using IP addresses which are uniquely assigned to your account (check this with you provider).
"

Don't see an easy solution other than leaving Betamax...

17.09.2010 15:05 ricardopereira is offline Search for Posts by ricardopereira Add ricardopereira to your Buddy List
mai
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 17.09.2007

Yep, www4 works but 1 and 3 don't. I use Betamax: 12voip, Voipbuster and Voipstunt. Inbound calls came through even on www1. So I guess this will become my inbound provider only, if www4 and the others will be blocked too.

17.09.2010 22:03 mailjony is offline Search for Posts by mailjony Add mailjony to your Buddy List
baz

seems to happen to every call I make now. Well, I've logged a ticket with them. I'm sure either
a - they'll ignore it
b - reply with a standard response that completely ignores the question i asked

I notice they don't give you a ticket reference number. That's usually a good indication that you will be ignored!

20.09.2010 10:50 bazmercer is offline Search for Posts by bazmercer Add bazmercer to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next »  
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: