PBXes » English » PBXes PRO » RE: Calling from a classic extension to trunk that is included in the ring group
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jtm

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Calling from a classic extension to trunk that is included in the ring group Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,

I would like to have my classic extension as my cell phone. The problem I'm finding with your service is that if I have my cell phone as part of the ring group, and then I try and call the trunk from my cell phone, it will still try and call my cell phone while I'm on it.

Is there a way to set PBXes.com to not include a classic ext if it is the one that is calling the trunk.

Sometimes this will make it have a busy signal, but at the best it will have an annoying call waiting beep in the background of the call.

Thanks for your time

02.07.2009 19:39 jtm is offline Search for Posts by jtm Add jtm to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

RE: Calling from a classic extension to trunk that is included in the ring group Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Please refrain from inserting Classic extensions in the "extension list" of Ring Groups. Classic extensions should only be used as "Destination if No Answer" due to the extra time is required to setup and place OffNet (PSTN) calls.

In your particular case, setup an Inbound Route and specify the CallerID of your cellphone in the "Caller ID Number" field. Then re-route the calls from your cellphone to another destination, like a Callthru PIN. Move the newly created Inbound Route above the one you have for this particular trunk.

05.07.2009 23:24 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
jtm

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
großes Grinsen RE: Calling from a classic extension to trunk that is included in the ring group Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thank you Diafora for your quick response.

You have created a second question though. I wouldn't mind making my cell phone the "Destination if No Answer". however the problem with this is that I'd prefer the call to end with my pbx voicemail instead of my cell phone voicemail if I don't pickup.

I just realized though, I could make a new ring group my cell phone number only, and tell the first ring group to go to the new one if "Destination if No Answer", then in the new ring group I could tell it to go to extention 101 voicemail if "Destination if No Answer".

The PBXes.com service is so open to different setups it's great. Keep up the great work!

06.07.2009 15:50 jtm is offline Search for Posts by jtm Add jtm to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: