PBXes » English » News » RE: Webcall with Video 1 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00 1 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00 1 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00 1 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00 1 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Webcall with Video Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Today we introduce a new feature to you which allows the other parties to see you if you have a video phone. The viewer does not necessarily need such a device. He can even be on the PSTN!

How does it work?

First create a webcall page for your video phone. Go to extensions and add an URL. That's all.

Now the person you are talking to can open that URL pbxes.org/whatever on demand. When clicking the photo Realplayer will open and show your camera's pictures as a live stream.

This is especially useful with Android powered mobile phones. Thus you may easily stream from the built-in cameras while in the field, on holidays, etc.

The new feature is limited to Premium and PRO accounts only. To get the update click "Submit & Start" in "Personal Data". Normal video calling is still allowed on all account types.

19.06.2009 22:25 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
mon
Premium Account

Registration Date: 17.10.2007

RE: Nokia Webcall with Video Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Can it be used with Nokia mobile or Iphone having video cameras, if yes then what setting need to be changed in the pbxes set-up

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by mon on 27.06.2009 at 13:07.

27.06.2009 13:05 montoo is offline Search for Posts by montoo Add montoo to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Webcall with Video Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Sending video from Nokias or Iphones is not possible but displaying video could work from their browsers as described.

28.06.2009 22:10 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
che

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
RE: Webcall with Video Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hello Is there something I am missing? I have a G1 with sipdroid, which works fine, a webcall page which opens fine and a non phone device with sipdroid (an Android Tablet) which also works fine. I use sipdroid through my Google Voice account sending calls to my Gizmo5 number. I have no problem making calls this way (from either device) but can not get the video stream to work on the webcall page or by selecting the send video option while calling a cell phone. I see video on my phone but it never appears on the web page or the other cell phone?
Cancel request, I finally figured out the issues. 1 - it only streams to sip enabled cell phone and on the web page you must click on the picture to start the video.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by che on 04.06.2010 at 22:54.

04.06.2010 22:20 cheyenne is offline Search for Posts by cheyenne Add cheyenne to your Buddy List
woo

OK, I set an extension that's associated with the SipDroid app on my phone. I assigned a URL to that extension. I made a call from SipDroid and while the call was in progress, I clicked on "Send Video".

The video stream never showed up on the phone and when I went to the Webcall page and clicked on the image, I got the message, "video not available".

What am I doing wrong?

04.03.2011 00:27 woody is offline Search for Posts by woody Add woody to your Buddy List
baz

mmm.... I'm not sure you can do it (web video calling) with a soho account

04.03.2011 13:06 bazmercer is offline Search for Posts by bazmercer Add bazmercer to your Buddy List
woo

Oh, is that the problem? I haven't seen that anywhere. Can anybody confirm if that's true?

04.03.2011 17:12 woody is offline Search for Posts by woody Add woody to your Buddy List
baz

Heh, looking closely at the original post by IPtel, I can now see that is the case smile
"The new feature is limited to Premium and PRO accounts only."

04.03.2011 18:01 bazmercer is offline Search for Posts by bazmercer Add bazmercer to your Buddy List
woo

Augen rollen You are absolutely right, the OP does say that. It does say that "normal" video is available to all accounts. I guess normal video means phone-to-phone. Oh, well, too bad. I was looking forward to trying out the webcall video.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by woo on 04.03.2011 at 18:09.

04.03.2011 18:08 woody is offline Search for Posts by woody Add woody to your Buddy List
mob

traurig RE: Webcall with Video Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,
What did I do wrong?
I setup all settings and sending video from SipDroid, then clicking image on my page, this message appears: "No video available."
Can I call to *43 and then send video, which I want to see in "pbxes.org/WHATEVER"?

Please help me ASAP

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by mob on 10.03.2011 at 20:48.

10.03.2011 20:32 mobixell is offline Search for Posts by mobixell Add mobixell to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: