PBXes » English » Miscellaneous » RE: Restricting outgoing calls
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
met

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Restricting outgoing calls Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi

I would like to prevent some users making outgoing calls to mobiles.

To do this I have set up a new trunk for mobiles with a password on it. However I would like this trunk only to be used by some users (so that the rest can use an unrestricted trunk - ie call without entering a password).

There is a box in the trunk setup where you can enter an extension number. I need to enter several extension numbers in here. What is the correct syntax?

Thanks

Mike

20.01.2009 14:28 metokote is offline Search for Posts by metokote Add metokote to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

RE: Restricting outgoing calls Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hey Mike,

You might have to restructure your extension numbering, in two or more different classes: 10xx, 20xx, 30xx.

Then by entering the proper wild-card in the extension field, you can restrict each Outbound Route.

20.01.2009 16:38 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
neo
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 18.11.2007

Lampe RE: Restricting outgoing calls Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I managed to put the exact Sintexe in Outbound Routing:

eg. on my route options in the tab extension, if put only one type extension 4100 works perfect!

But if I try to put a group of extension does not work, I have placed this way 41xx, 32xx, 50xx. But it does not work for busy tone, I tried several but none work on Sintex group.

Now appreciate the attention.

18.04.2009 04:43 neopark is offline Search for Posts by neopark Add neopark to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

RE: Restricting outgoing calls Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hey Mike,
Let's agree first, that when a destination is not reachable due to a restriction or lack of route, the SIP UA should get a Re-order tone, not a Busy tone.

This would translate in a "403 Forbidden" for the restriction or a "404 Not Found" for the lack of route, but certainly not in a "486 Busy here" message. The remote destination is not Busy, but the user is not allowed to reach it.

So if you expect a Busy tone, it shouldn't be there, instead a Re-Order tone should be present.

I am not sure what is happening in your case, but if you turn on the last option "Allow independent moderators ..." in your Personal Data section, we will be able to take a look and try to help you with this issue.

18.04.2009 19:45 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: