PBXes » English » Feature Requests » RE: SMS Callback Trigger 1 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00 1 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00 1 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00 1 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00 1 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
woo

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
SMS Callback Trigger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I would like a feature similar to the web call feature that would trigger callback or call setup via an SMS message. Unless somebody knows a way to do that now....?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by woo on 22.08.2008 at 23:41.

22.08.2008 23:40 woody is offline Search for Posts by woody Add woody to your Buddy List
bob

RE: SMS Callback Trigger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

this is morew difficult than you think.

Your incoming did number has to recognize an sms and translate this into a callback.

For example dutch kpn allows you to sent an sms to a fixed number. KPN will than call the number and the sms is read to the one answering the call.

The did number I know don't know how to handle sms. If they do pbxes has to translate this into a callback. So this might be very difficult to achieve.

25.08.2008 11:00 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
woo

RE: SMS Callback Trigger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I don't think this would be a function of the DID number. I think a web script would recognize the sending telephone number of the SMS message and would then launch the same kind of call function that web call uses. Alternatively, a more complex SMS message could be used that uses the login info for the account. Either way, the calling would be launched by a script similar to the existing web call function.

What this would require would be an SMS gateway supported by i-p-tel.

25.08.2008 14:17 woody is offline Search for Posts by woody Add woody to your Buddy List
ale
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 23.11.2006

I have it implemented. Contact me at alexcheam@yahoo.com if you are interested.

07.12.2010 11:39 alexcheam is offline Search for Posts by alexcheam Add alexcheam to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: