PBXes » English » News » RE: Presence and Location of Mobile Extensions
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Presence and Location of Mobile Extensions Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

We are happy to introduce the integration of this feature on PBXes. Starting today your presence info & location can be shared with your social network. It's compatible with more than 50 different handset models (look at pbxes.org/m for the current list).

The location mapping has been integrated into webcall. It almost works like in Star Trek: When you know somebody's nickname you can ask where he is or call him by opening pbxes.org/nickname.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by i-p on 11.09.2008 at 13:10.

01.08.2008 01:45 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
ayk

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
RE: Presence and Location of Mobile Extensions Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Pascal,

Does that mean there's an API somewhere that takes in this information? I'm using Windows Mobile and Blackberry phones, and have software that does similar things as Aspicore does.

Thanks.

01.08.2008 16:24 ayking is offline Search for Posts by ayking Add ayking to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Fragezeichen RE: Presence and Location of Mobile Extensions Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Yes, there is. Which software are you using?

01.08.2008 16:43 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
ayk

RE: Presence and Location of Mobile Extensions Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I use GPSGate and GPSed on Windows Mobile mostly for now.

01.08.2008 20:21 ayking is offline Search for Posts by ayking Add ayking to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

They might already be compatible. The API for GPS enabled devices is opening URLs of the form:
pbxes.org/youralias?lon=<longitude>&lat=<latitude>&label=<presence>

01.08.2008 21:09 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
neo
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 18.11.2007

Daumen hoch! RE: Presence and Location of Mobile Extensions Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hello,

This time I come here only to Congratulations the developer of Pbxes by that great and new function, which is very useful hope ascresentem new functions, but in any case is already uima great that exists, Congratulations

06.08.2008 19:13 neopark is offline Search for Posts by neopark Add neopark to your Buddy List
ayk

I tried manually typing in that URL and it works! Still haven't figured out how to get it to work with GpsGate yet as their URL sent is different format.

Great work anyway!

06.08.2008 21:12 ayking is offline Search for Posts by ayking Add ayking to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Lampe RE: Presence and Location of Mobile Extensions Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

We now support the GpsGate protocol as well. Instructions on how to download and configure have been added to pbxes.org/m

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by i-p on 07.08.2008 at 12:47.

06.08.2008 21:59 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
ayk

Works great on GpsGate on WM6! That is very fast and impressive, Pascal!

07.08.2008 05:29 ayking is offline Search for Posts by ayking Add ayking to your Buddy List
neo
Grünschnabel

Do not understand where set in my E61 in Aspicore GSM "pbxes.org / youralias? <longitude> & Latitude longitude = = = <latitude>"
for use in GpsGate!, or I have to use another APP to have the support of GpsGate.

Explain better!

Thank you verwirrt

09.08.2008 03:15 neopark is offline Search for Posts by neopark Add neopark to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

@neopark Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Currently you can use two different clients: GsmTracker or GpsGate. Depending on which of the two you choose for download you find the different instructions for configuration on pbxes.org/m.

09.08.2008 09:18 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
neo
Grünschnabel

Daumen runter! RE: Presence and Location of Mobile Extensions Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

by Gpsgate unfortunately I could not!

But I have a novelty.
I have a community and a blog where divulgo the services Pbxes for Brazil. One of the active members (Wilson) discovered that other client software also works with Pbxes, platforms for Symbian UIQ, S60v2 and S60v3:

(Viking Locator v2 for Symbian, v3 Symbian, UIQ)

Settings:

Conn. period (sec) - how many on as a second forward position

Upload path - HTTP

URL - www. pbxes. org / seu_alias

Connection - choose the connection to be used

Positioning - Cell ID if your phone does not have GPS; Bluetooth GPS has GPS

On that very same community is requested to Pbxes provide a link to open only the map of location and if possible to double the size. Without the option of callback and add friend.

it is possible that by the pbxes

15.08.2008 20:17 neopark is offline Search for Posts by neopark Add neopark to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Lampe RE: Presence and Location of Mobile Extensions Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks for your contribution. We have added some parameters for customization:

• embed=1 - Hides add friend option
  • nocall=1 - Hides call option
  • map=2 - Doubles map size

16.08.2008 04:34 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
neo
Grünschnabel

Daumen hoch! RE: Presence and Location of Mobile Extensions Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thank you very much, and appreciated the speed!

For users who need ADD directly from the Map Location in your blog follows model of Iframe I used to put on my blog, where you have access to vai use its own address, the page vai be equal to my model:

http://www.monitoramento.tk

thus can pass your personal page of ratreamento to your friend etc. .. etc. ..

iframe:

</div><iframe src="
http://www.pbxes.org/you_alias?embed=1&map=2&nocall=1" name="CENTRO" frameborder="0" height="800" scrolling="auto" width="800"></iframe>

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by neo on 26.08.2008 at 02:52.

16.08.2008 19:23 neopark is offline Search for Posts by neopark Add neopark to your Buddy List
pau

Zitat:
Enviado originalmente por i-p-tel
Thanks for your contribution. We have added some parameters for customization:
  • embed=1 - Hides add friend option
  • nocall=1 - Hides call option
  • map=2 - Doubles map size

Taking advantage of the opportunity seeing that are open to suggestions, I would suggest that in future Pbxes insert the task of saving path based on date equal or similar to the system http://www.viking.tm/gps/index.php it would be posterir verification utility for a month and date of location

Thankful for attention

19.08.2008 03:12 pauloneo is offline Search for Posts by pauloneo Add pauloneo to your Buddy List
ayk

Anyone aware of a Blackberry app that'll do the same? Thanks.

15.09.2008 13:42 ayking is offline Search for Posts by ayking Add ayking to your Buddy List
art
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 05.11.2006

Small questions:
First
Which "alias" should one use ? My account is artarzi.. the extension I want to use Locator for is 101.. and I've assigned the web page pbxes.org/Abdo to it..
So do I use pbxes.org/Abdo or pbxes.org/artarzi OR (which I need to assume otherwise how can I use more than one "alias") do I use pbxes.org/artarzi-101 ??

The application (Locator) works with the www.viking.com/gpsloc.php but not when I set it to any of the above.

Second
Where can I set the parameters: to disable callback or magnify the map or whatever... Is that in the GPS Locator application sending the location (doesn't seem to make sense) or somewhere in the pbxes.org/Abdo statement in the extension setting.. ??

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by art on 16.10.2008 at 22:52.

16.10.2008 22:45 artarzi is offline Search for Posts by artarzi Add artarzi to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: