PBXes » English » PBXes PRO »
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ten

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Ring Group question Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,
I note that when available phones in the ring group are ringing and then another phone becomes available it does not commence ringing as well. Is that the normal behaviour, ie once ringing has started its not possible for another phone to 'join in'.

In order to get around this I thought that maybe **<ext> might allow pick up of one of the ringing phones, but this doesn't seem to work when the group is ringing.

Configuration is spa ATAs

Regards

04.07.2008 13:57 tenaille is offline Search for Posts by tenaille Add tenaille to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Ring Group question Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Pickup should always work regardless of where the ring comes from. Can you verify that?

To have phones join in use a queue instead of a callgroup.

04.07.2008 14:03 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
ten

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Have just tested again in the office and can confirm that if I call from ext 1 to ext 2, I can pick up ringing ext 2 on ext 3.
However if I call from ext 1 to ringgroup <1> (while ext 3 is busied), then ext 3 is subsequently unable to pick up any of the ringing phones).
All phones are in one ring group.
Regards

04.07.2008 14:54 tenaille is offline Search for Posts by tenaille Add tenaille to your Buddy List
ten

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,
Have now put the extensions into a queue instead of a ring group.
I notice that call monitor now displays the call being offered to every extension, each on a new line. This makes the file very long and unnecessarily difficult to read. Can it not display just the extension that picks up the call, like it does for the ring group ?
Regards

05.07.2008 16:05 tenaille is offline Search for Posts by tenaille Add tenaille to your Buddy List
ten

Fragezeichen Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Any update on this please.
To recap, the **<ext> pickup function does not seem to work within a ringing ringgroup.
The alternative use of a queue makes the call monitor extremely long and difficult to sort because of all the extra displayed items.
If this is just 'how it is' then I will live with it, but a way round one or the other would be good.
Regards

10.07.2008 11:47 tenaille is offline Search for Posts by tenaille Add tenaille to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: