PBXes » English » Feature Requests » RE: Partial CID match in Inbound routes
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
per

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Partial CID match in Inbound routes Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,

I have just realized that the incoming CID is not always the same with my mobile... It depends on whether I use the home network to originate the call, or if I am roaming, and soetimes it even depends on the trunk on which the call comes in... It is normally the prefix which is sometimes changed, the major part of the number is relatively constant..

For intance, if my mobile number is +3670XXXXXXX then I sometimes see 3670XXXXXXX, sometimes 0670XXXXXXX, sometimes 003670XXXXXXX, so it would be loigical to match incoming calls like *70XXXXXXX , where the asterisk could be anything... As far as I know, mobile phones normally match CID against the contact list based upon the last 7 characters for the same reason. Is something similar possible with PBXes?

11.05.2008 11:50 perfectum is offline Search for Posts by perfectum Add perfectum to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

The Incoming CID from your mobile phone should be identical when you are in Hungary and most likely be in this form: 070xxxxxxxxx
So, setup an Inbound Route based on this CID which will be used when you are in country.

When you are roaming, as you have noticed, the Incoming CID can be displayed in a variety of formats. To accommodate them you can either try *70xxxxxxxxx or .70xxxxxxxxx as wild-cards, to match its' variable length.

If you roam a lot though, you should consider getting a DID in the countries you roam as well as a local SIM, to avoid all the roaming charges.

11.05.2008 17:48 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
per

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,

I have tried both * and . as wildcards: no luck.

With * , pbxes will say ïnvalid characters", with . it accepts it, but will not match eventually.

As for a dial-through I could put in several inbound rules, but if I want to use this for callback, it is impossible, as I can only have one callback rule on the system...

The idea is to use the callback function to ring my roaming SIM, and thus avoid high charges when placing calls abroad.

11.05.2008 21:24 perfectum is offline Search for Posts by perfectum Add perfectum to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

I have confirmed the (.) does not act as a wild-card when it is prepended in an expression.

A possible solution is to get another DID which will trigger the CallBack function, irrespective of the CID presented.

11.05.2008 22:00 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
per

That's exactly what I have done smile

However, it is the fact that partial CID-matching does not work that I put this thread into the "Feature requests" category :-) Partial CID-matching would be useful for a lot of purposes, just to name a few:

a) route calls according caller: eg. if call comes from a UK number triggers an English language menu, while a Hungarian CID triggers Hungarian menu

b) if company has a range of numbers, partial matching would allow them to reach an internal menu easily

c) no separate DID per callback would be necessary

d) some little security before callback but still be flexible enough

12.05.2008 08:21 perfectum is offline Search for Posts by perfectum Add perfectum to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Clarification regarding the Partial CID matching on Inbound Routes Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Let me clarify this a bit more, to avoid further confusion. Partial CID matching works properly for call scenario (b) but will not help in call scenario (a). Let me illustrate this with examples:

If a company has 20 consecutive numbers ranging from 70563492710 to 70563492729 the Partial CID feature rule for the Inbound Route would be 705634927[12]x which allows their mobiles to be authenticated properly and directed to a CallBack or IVR. That Partial CID expression used, covers all the inbound calls from that number range, with a single Inbound Route.

Regarding call scenario (a) the described functionality can be achieved with two Inbound routes which direct the calls into separate Queues, based on the incoming CID. In this case though, the Partial CID feature does not help, since you can only direct calls to one Queue through an Inbound Route.

12.05.2008 15:03 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
bob

I have the same problem.

I am using a roaming free cell phone (united-mobile)

To initiate the callback I have a dutch cell phone. I call my regular number and receive a busy tone and the united mobile cell phone receives a callback.

The problem is the same. Whenever I am in Holland the caller id show 06xxxxx

Whenever I am outside holland it shows 316xxx

To make things work inside and outside holland I had to setup 2 callback rules. As I only have 3 I am only left with 1.

I have reported this allready some time ago as it's not really fair. We only receive 3 callback numbers and because of different caller id's for the same number I have to use 2 callback rules.

13.05.2008 09:19 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
per

Soho-subscribers get only 1 callback.

13.05.2008 11:31 perfectum is offline Search for Posts by perfectum Add perfectum to your Buddy List
bob

RE: Partial CID match in Inbound routes Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Here we go again.

I still have this problem and just found out there are 3 possible formats for an incomg cellphone call

063xxx
003163xxx
+316xxx

So in order to activate the callback I need 3 callback rules meaning that's it because there are only 3 rules. 3 rules for 1 phone sucks.

As written above * or . does not work so this is it ?

Only solution is to setup a dedicated did that will trigger a callaback when it's getting called.

IP-Tel is this the solution that you have in mind. comeon you just refer me to this thread again, no repsonce to questions.
It's nice to intruduce video and other crap, but fix this problem first.

Have you not learned that giving a normal answer and not close a thread refer to another thread that does not solve the problem is like pissing on your customers saying i don't care. Just give an answer, whatever, does it really time that much time.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by bob on 02.07.2009 at 13:33.

02.07.2009 13:32 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Partial CID match in Inbound routes Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Zitat:
I think I have mentioned this some time ago.
What do you expect when you open another thread for the same subject?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by i-p on 02.07.2009 at 18:31.

02.07.2009 16:38 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
bob

What I expect.

This problem is 1 years old, You were probably too busy to answer to that problem during this year. So opening a new thread seems to be the only way to attract some attention and a responce.

I expect not to use a single DID without caller id to trigger callback. 3 DID seems to be the only solution to trigger callback using 3 different cellphones. Problem there is that any call will trigger callback.

I expect that callback should work knowing that a cellphone in real use can give 3 different caller id's. So as written here a partial caller id recognition seems to be a good solution.

I expect that you start giving normal answers to problems. Or at least answer them in a normal way, even if you don't care (looks like that most of the times) just pretend you care.

03.07.2009 10:04 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

The feature is planned to be implemented. But before we have other jobs in the pipeline.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by i-p on 04.07.2009 at 01:19.

03.07.2009 15:48 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
bob

wow a responce at least that is something after 1 year.

04.07.2009 09:36 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
rda
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 20.03.2011

Dear I-P-Tel,

I am having troubles on setting up inbound rules intercepting CIDs.

What is the valid syntax acceptable in that specific field?

Thank you in advance.

14.06.2013 08:09 rdarioc is offline Search for Posts by rdarioc Add rdarioc to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

When using several inbound routes, some with caller ID and some with trunk name, those with trunk name will take priority.

So you have to add trunk name to those with caller ID, to make them go first.

17.02.2021 10:27 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: