PBXes » English » Terminal Equipment »
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
art
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 05.11.2006

Asterisk connection Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

My trixbox was using PBXes as a trunk.
I tried to tweak the connection (in order to be able to dialout of my asterisk) but it didn't work. Now I'd like to revert to what the setup was (working anyway) and am unable to.

Setup is extension in PBXes and Trunk (peer and user) on the local Trixbox.

I have a dynamic IP address locally (which is really the main reason for using PBXes) and when the Trunk tries to Register with PBXes (on debug) it is trying using the local network address of the Asterisk server so PBXes is unable to accept the registration.

Can anyone help with this?

07.05.2008 21:29 artarzi is offline Search for Posts by artarzi Add artarzi to your Buddy List
art
Grünschnabel

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Ok, it's fixed.

Let me document it here so perhaps it'll be of use to someone else.

On PBXes it's obviously a simple exercise of creating an extension.. say it's extension 200 and password is 1234

Important: If you don't receive calls (although the extension is registered in the status screen try changing the
SIP/200 (in pbxes extension screen) to
SIP/7777@user.dyndns.org (or whatever your dynamic dns is called)

Create a trunk in trixbox (mine's an ancient version but I'm sure it'll make some sense even to more "modern" users)

The PEER entry given an appropriate title as in perhaps

pbxesuser-200

allow=ulaw&alaw
context=from-trunk
disallow=all
dtmfmode=info
fromuser=yrPBXesuser-200
host=pbxes.org
insecure=very
nat=yes
realm=pbxes.org
secret=1234
type=friend
userid=yrPBXesuser-200
username=yrPBXesuser-200
The USER entry is not necessary

Finally, no Register statement should be used
At first I tried using a qualify=yes statement that resulted in my Trixbox thinking it's not registered. Since pbxes is "highly available" it's not really necessary.

Hope this helps (my family was really going to kill me if this were not solved-considering the amount of time I spend on this!!)

P.S. I am still unable to dial from that extension (i.e. if I am a DISA user, dtmf is not recognized) but have not spent time fixing that.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by art on 21.08.2008 at 20:53.

07.05.2008 22:46 artarzi is offline Search for Posts by artarzi Add artarzi to your Buddy List
art
Grünschnabel

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Again to further document this:

In the extension in pbxes, if you have a dynamic dns host name you can try changing the SIP/extnum to SIP/7777@dyndnsurl
(note: 7777 is what simulates a call on my server - the default)
i.e. SIP/7777@myserver.dyndns.org

Once it arrives on the server do what you need to to receive the call.. e.g. direct it to a specific extension or group.. by creating inbound routes. I'm even able to direct calls based on caller ID.

I have not been successful (at all) in using inbound routes on pbxes based on trunk - I have not tried from the trunk, only from inbound routes.

22.05.2008 23:57 artarzi is offline Search for Posts by artarzi Add artarzi to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: