PBXes » English » Feature Requests »
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
apb

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Put a caller on hold? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

When I use eyebeam, I can put a caller on hold by pressing the "hold" button and the caller hears on-hold music. When I'm on an extension (i.e. my cordless phone plugged into ATA or my mobile phone that is ringed through PSTN) that doesn't support this method of "hold", is there a way I can put the caller on hold and have them hear the on-hold music? I can put the call on park (##70) or transfer them (##) but then I can't pick that call back up. I'd envision this working by pressing * or # and then the same key again to pick back up. Is this possible?

28.12.2006 01:37 apbailey is offline Search for Posts by apbailey Add apbailey to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Fragezeichen RE: Put a caller on hold? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

What would be the purpose of putting on hold when not initiating a transfer?

You could check the features of your ATA and your mobile phone. Some ATAs and most mobile phones allow you to switch calls by pressing the flash key or the green button.

28.12.2006 11:10 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
yge
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 22.12.2006

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Well, if you want to consult someone that is standing next to you, and you don't want the caller to hear wat you are saying...

28.12.2006 12:18 ygeffens is offline Search for Posts by ygeffens Add ygeffens to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I would be interested to find out if your ATA will put the call on hold, when using the Call-Waiting function on that particular extension.

For this to work, Call-Waiting must be activated by dialing *70 on that extension first. Then while on a call, generate another call to that extension, hit the flash key or the hook key, switch to the other call and when the second call ends, ask the person on the first call to tell you if they heard the On Hold music.

It would also be helpful to know what kind of ATA you have.

28.12.2006 13:30 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
apb

Using flash does work for 30 seconds or so. If I flash, then hang up, 30 seconds later the phone rings me back. Not desirable.

If I flash, then don't hang up, I get the loud busy signal after 15 or so seconds. Also not desirable.

It seems like a great feature would be if I could press a key (like ## or **) and then put the caller on hold and while the caller hears music, I'd get to hear the caller.

28.12.2006 22:46 apbailey is offline Search for Posts by apbailey Add apbailey to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

apbailey, can you please let us know what kind of ATA you are using on this phone?

29.12.2006 05:53 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
apb

Linksys SPA3102

Thank you!

30.12.2006 21:08 apbailey is offline Search for Posts by apbailey Add apbailey to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Have you tried the CallWaiting test yet?

Do you have MusicOnHold loaded in your PBXes account?

02.01.2007 20:08 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
apb

Yes, call waiting works. I can switch over to another call and the original caller hears the music on hold. However, this obviously isn't a working solution for everyday use since I don't want to have to generate a new call when I want to put someone on hold.

Thanks for your help.

11.01.2007 06:55 apbailey is offline Search for Posts by apbailey Add apbailey to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Daumen hoch! RE: Put a caller on hold? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

The requested feature has been implemented (click on the red bar to adopt the update):

Just press ## as before and transfer the caller to 70. This is the parking lot. You and the calling party are put on hold hearing music. To get the call off hold you need to press *0 then.

26.01.2007 01:01 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
apb

Just tried this out and it works great. Thanks for implementing this!

29.01.2007 07:03 apbailey is offline Search for Posts by apbailey Add apbailey to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: