PBXes » English » Miscellaneous »
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
vir

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
How does a classical extension choose a trunk? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I understand that the classical extension feature would allow me to have IPTEL PBX dial a normal PSTN line when a particular extension is dialed.

However I still don´t understand how is determined the trunk that will be used to dial.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by vir on 05.04.2006 at 18:59.

05.04.2006 18:58 virtualorbis is offline Search for Posts by virtualorbis Add virtualorbis to your Buddy List
dke

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

It is determined by your outbound routing rules. So if you set up a rule to route all numbers to UK (say 0044....) via a particular trunk, and you specifiy the external phone number for the classic extension as 0044xxxxxxx then it will match the outbound routing rules for the trunk you send UK calls to.

DAK

06.04.2006 17:08 dkerr is offline Search for Posts by dkerr Add dkerr to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: