PBXes » English » Terminal Equipment » RE: Windows Mobile handsets
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

Windows Mobile handsets Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I would like to inquire how well are Windows Mobile phones work with PBXes. A friend of mine is interested to acquire the Samsung SGH_I600 handset, but if and only if it interconnects properly with PBXes.

Any ideas?

http://www.samsung.com/uk/products/mobil...=Specifications

TIA.

24.08.2007 12:22 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
cyb
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 22.07.2006

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I assume you mean he will conect to the pbx via wifi? If so he will need some sort of voip soft phone software installed. And this is the problem, as yet I don't know of any WM5 softphones. SJ Labs do one for WM2003 which just about runs on WM5.

I use an I-Mate K-Jam which is also WM5 and tried the SJ Labs softphone and found the sound choppy and broke up a lot. I believe there was a beta for WM5 out there last year some time but I cannot find it now. Also the software was unstable and would hang after a while so I gave up and haven't really considered it since. One other thing, the sound seems to come out of the loud speaker rather than the ear piece so you really need to use it with a headset.

You've got me wondering again smile so I'll do some Googling. It's strange but with so many wifi capable pda phone available you would think that there would be a large choice of softphones available verwirrt

04.09.2007 09:56 cyberdude is offline Search for Posts by cyberdude Add cyberdude to your Buddy List
dub

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

This is a belated response. I've been pulling my remaining hair out of my head dealing with Microsoft's VOIP client built into Windows Mobile 6. I'll report back on that.

NCH out of Australia has a free SIP client. It is called Express Talk and can be downloaded at www.nch.com.au.

My best luck has been with the SIP client from fring. www.fring.com. My problem is that the interface is far more like an IM client and not particularly like a cell phone. You have to dig to find the SIP call control and then there is no keypad. You type the numbers into a little window. Notwithstanding this, the calls do work. I think the calls are sent through a Fring server because it feels like your calls are being transcoded.

21.02.2008 15:38 dubaistu is offline Search for Posts by dubaistu Add dubaistu to your Buddy List
cyb
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 22.07.2006

I've not managed to get WM6 working with PBX. For some reason it doesn't register.

25.02.2008 10:24 cyberdude is offline Search for Posts by cyberdude Add cyberdude to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

What does the System Log display for the registration attempt?

25.02.2008 20:38 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Pfeil RE: Windows Mobile handsets Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

You could also try AGEphone Mobile 2 from ageet Corporation.

10.03.2008 22:39 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

RE: Windows Mobile handsets Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

For the users of Windows Mobile handsets, I recently located this utility which might help with the setup of its' built-in SIP client: VOIP WM6.1 SIP Config 1.1

Whoever tries it out successfully, is kindly asked to report back on this thread.

09.03.2009 12:45 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
dor

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
RE: Windows Mobile handsets Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I was considering upgrading my Blackjack II to some WiFi WinMo model for VoIP, but after some googling I realized how tricky this business is, and eventually got Nokia n810 instead. Worth every penny.

28.04.2009 06:02 doronin is offline Search for Posts by doronin Add doronin to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: