PBXes » English » Miscellaneous »
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
gol
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 31.07.2006

Call ID and mobile providers Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

My mobile provider (MTS Russia), charges per minute for incoming calls from outside Russia. If I set up a call forward to my mobile phone in PBXes, can I make it appear to MTS that the call is originating from within Russia even though the call is actually coming from a US phone number? My SIP provider is in the US as well.

09.01.2008 08:48 golek is offline Search for Posts by golek Add golek to your Buddy List
bob

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

try the following

I asume when a call comes in you have that call forwarded to a pstn extension.

pbxes will use your US sip provider to dial that extension.

when you go to extensions and select the pstn extension you are using there is an option saying outbound cid

Try to fill in your russian number here and check yourself if it works.

Some sip providers also also allow you to set any outgoing caller id.

I use voicetrading for example and to get an outgoing caller id on trunk level i do the following

under trunks:

username: fill in the caller id you want here
password: sip password : sip username (there should be no spaces between the password and username and dont forget the : between to password and username)
But your sipprovider might not support this.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by bob on 10.01.2008 at 09:19.

09.01.2008 15:18 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
ozp

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

As said above it is very dependent on your VoIP provider, and there is no guarantee you'll be able to choose the outgoing CID.

But I also wanted to point something out..

From what I understand, the Russian caller-id system is completely different to any other in the world, and works by playing a series of encoded and quick DTMF signals on the line as a call comes in. So I'm wondering about compatibility, even if you were able to set the outgoing CID, I'm not positive it would be readable by the equipment on the other end. Although since we're talking about a digital mobile phone network, perhaps it won't matter as I'd imagine it would use the same CID standard.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ozp on 10.01.2008 at 14:01.

10.01.2008 13:58 ozpoole is offline Search for Posts by ozpoole Add ozpoole to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: