PBXes » English » Feature Requests »
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ozp

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
# or * In extension? Possible? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I was wondering if there is anyway I can use a * (star) in an extension name/number/id.

The reason being is I have a phone which is preprogrammed with "speed dial" type buttons that I would like to send to an appropriate extension when pressed. Unfortunately, they are locked and not customizable (they are designed for another phone system / pbx) but if I could create extensions with * in them, I could have the buttons call those extensions.

Also, not as important.. what about the # key?

Thanks.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ozp on 10.01.2008 at 14:03.

09.01.2008 21:06 ozpoole is offline Search for Posts by ozpoole Add ozpoole to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Fragezeichen RE: * In extension? Possible? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

What kind of phones are these and what are the speeddials programmed with?

09.01.2008 21:46 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
ozp

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

EDIT: If * will cause too much trouble, # is fine instead, because one of the platforms that can be downloaded uses # keycodes (see below to understand).

It is an Aastra / Nortel Vista / Power Touch Model 390 Phone. See here for all the details: http://adsi.aastra.com/dealer/products.htm

It can be programmed to work with several different call management systems like Talk Switch, Altigen, etc. (but not Asterisk or similar).

They do provide a custom web programming service, but unfortunately, it says my phone is incompatible unglücklich So I'm stuck with downloading one of the pre-programmed firmware downloads. Depending on the platform I have downloaded (e.g. Talk Switch), the soft key buttons represent different numbers/codes to be dialed. For instance, on one platform there might be a "V-mail" key on the display and when it is pushed, it dials "#34'

Currently I have a server setup in my house that can answer VoIP calls with auto attendants and process them as needed. My idea is, create an extension that is linked up to that server..

Example
-------------
Person presses "V-mail" button on phone
PBXes dials extension #34 (configured with my server) and the auto-attendant answers.
The auto-attendant allows the person to access the family voice mail (my voice-mail system is on my server).

Example 2
------------
Person presses "Pick-Up" button
PBXes dials extension #20
My server answers, quickly asks the user what extension to answer and forwards call to **<ext>

I wish I could figure out how to get the custom phone programming to work though, it'd make a it a lot easier

P.S. Note that each download has different soft key values (e.g. instead of Talk Switch, I can download Altigen which would have different numbers associated with each key).

This post has been edited 5 time(s), it was last edited by ozp on 09.01.2008 at 22:37.

09.01.2008 21:58 ozpoole is offline Search for Posts by ozpoole Add ozpoole to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: