PBXes » English » Bugs » RE: "you registered more than one account" email, but I didn't!!!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: "you registered more tha one account" email, but I didn't!!! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

We have today refunded 5.45 Euros to dpctech.

20.11.2007 23:35 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
bob

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
RE: alternatives Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Zitat:
Originally posted by ygeffens
Well, there indeed aren't that much alternatives. But I found this one:

http://www.switchvox.com/sv?page=hosted_edition_faq

I'm very interested in when someone will offer this!
I installed the free edition on a local machine and it's really amazing.

found a german alternative

https://www.server4you.de/de/vserver/showplan.php?products=0

using www.ascopa.com user interface for asterisk.

price 8,85 per month, 500 gb datatransfer and 4 days trial to test the system.

21.11.2007 00:53 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
dpc

RE: "you registered more tha one account" email, but I didn't!!! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Zitat:
Originally posted by i-p-tel
We have today refunded 5.45 Euros to dpctech.

Dear I-P-Tel no I'm really upset.
Today I've received this email on my personal free account:
"you registered more than one account at PBXes. This is not conforming to our Terms of Service. You can upgrade the additional account

alek

to Premium within the next 3 days. Otherwise we will disable it.
Thanks for your cooperation."

Now it's really too much.
I told you I got only 1 personal account (ALEK)
and my company has 1 premium acount (DPCTECH).

This isn't against your terms of service. There's nothing wrong with this.
If you'll disconnect my personal account ALEK
I'll START A LEGAL ACTION AGAINST YOU.
NOW I'M REALLY UPSET

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by dpc on 01.12.2007 at 02:44.

01.12.2007 02:35 dpctech is offline Search for Posts by dpctech Add dpctech to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Zitat:
all services that are provided for free may be cancelled at any time, you have to give your proper and up-to-date personal data, use one account only, use your account for your own purposes only

If you were allowed to create accounts on behalf of your companies (or your family and friends) the limitation would be useless.

01.12.2007 15:15 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
dpc

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

If my company and my boss decide to use pbxes isn't my fault.
The company where I'm working have a premium account.
And this can't be a limitation for me.
I own my personal account (ALEK) so you can't close it.

Give me an answer on what are you going to do.

02.12.2007 03:31 dpctech is offline Search for Posts by dpctech Add dpctech to your Buddy List
bob

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

looks like rules are rules no matter what.

If you were allowed to create accounts on behalf of your companies (or your family and friends) the limitation would be useless.

So whenever you open an account for a company you would have to supply their data ?

I am really happy with pbxes and have a premium account at the moment. I even tell people I know about pbxes and recommend it to use.

Now my concern would be if someone asks my help to setup pbxes as for some people setup is not plug and play I would have a problem. I mean a problem because pbxes would register my address and would think I have 2 accounts. so whenever I would want to switch back from a paid premium account to a free account this would not be possible anymore.

The other problem would be that the person, friend,company I would help has a problem because they would get a mail like now saying you have 2 accounts and they would have to pay for the account instead of a free account.

This does now make me think twice to help people or even recoomend pbxes.

Maybe it's time you give some more info on how I can help people I know who ask me to help them without going into trouble like this.
For example when I login to someone elses account using this ip would that cause you to trigger an alarm.

Please don't understand me wrong, free is free and it's up to you to cancel the account. But on the other side it would be nice to be more transparant and don't piss people of like this now.

02.12.2007 14:21 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Actually we don't mind at all when you login to somebody else's account (when you are authorized to do so), help somebody, or recommend the service. We appreciate that. But you should

• not use another account with your own phones (on a regular basis, a testcall does not matter)
  • not create other accounts
  • not provide yourself as the contact of another account
to avoid the other account be considered as belonging to you.

02.12.2007 18:00 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
dpc

Zitat:
Originally posted by i-p-tel
Actually it does not matter if you login to somebody's account, help somebody, or recommend the service. But you should
  • not use another account with your own phones (on a regular basis, a testcall does not matter)
  • not create other accounts
  • not provide yourself as the contact of another account
to avoid the other account be considered as belonging to you.

Ok so the problem may be that I gave my contact for my company account.
So I can change it an no problem? Tell me what to do to not close my personal account.
Tomorrow are 3 days.

02.12.2007 21:28 dpctech is offline Search for Posts by dpctech Add dpctech to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

As mentioned in our email you can't keep "alek" as a free account.

02.12.2007 21:42 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
dpc

It's not a second account!
Maybe you didn't understood well o maybe I can explain myself.

I got only one personal account (ALEK)
The company where I work has this premium account (DPCTECH)

So why I have to cancel my personal free account?

02.12.2007 22:01 dpctech is offline Search for Posts by dpctech Add dpctech to your Buddy List
yge
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 22.12.2006

not fair Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

In the mean while I installed my own switchvox.com server and I cancelled my automatic paypal-renewal for pbxes.org.

I think that i-p-tell is far from fair when treating people/customers like this.

I'll stop recommending pbxes to other people.

I started renting some rackspace to offer a hosted switchvox sollution.
I will not publish the domain name from where I will operate because that would not be correct towards pbxes...

i-p-tel, think before you talk/act...

Bye bye
Yves

06.12.2007 15:02 ygeffens is offline Search for Posts by ygeffens Add ygeffens to your Buddy List
dpc

Daumen runter! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I've canceled my personal account and told my boss about this treatment. So he can cancel our premium account.

06.12.2007 15:19 dpctech is offline Search for Posts by dpctech Add dpctech to your Buddy List
chi

Daumen runter! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi to everybody, I had a personal account (chipsoft) that worked very well until an email came up on my box "Your account chipsoft has been disabled, If you want us to restore your account please make a donation of 50 Euros...".
No way to login and no way to reply.. in other words no way to ask which term I violated or which payment I failed (it was a personal FREE account). I also tried to create another account but trunks were blocked... unbelievable!!! My site hoster (dpctech) received warning emails at his address (on my personal data I had my email address, not the dpctech one!!!!). Why iptel sent emails addressed to me to another email address??? By the way, dpctech had to switch my FREE account to a premium one (by paying) to unlock it.
Someone have to explain to me why my account has been blocked and WHY I HAD TO PAY 50 EUROS TO HAVE IT UNLOCKED!!! Now I've to pay a premium account without a reason!!!
I'm very sorry to say that, but that's a very bad policy!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by chi on 06.12.2007 at 16:51.

06.12.2007 16:49 chipsoft is offline Search for Posts by chipsoft Add chipsoft to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

It's getting boring. You will find the answer to your question three times within the above discussion. To show you an example you created a SIP extension 666 <Alek@Chipsoft>.

Our policy of allowing a maximum of one free account per user is not negotiable. It is an integral part of PBXes software and not handled arbitrarily.

It is not designated to allocate two free accounts shared by two users. If you need that kind of construction you are asked to purchase the paid service.

The policy was created at the launch of PBXes two years ago to make one account available for free to everybody. If you were allowed to have multiple accounts such a free service would not be possible, at least not if the energy, the bandwidth and so on has to be paid by someone.

07.12.2007 01:57 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
dpc

This is amazing! Customer’s questions are boring?
Dear I-P-Tel, you keep lying. I told you to tell me (I'm a premium user so I think I deserve a good explanation) WHY you supposed that this chipsoft account belongs to my company and I still got no answer. You’ve just made a huge mistake that’s all, and for this reason now a normal user like Chipsoft has to pay. There’s no way you can connect our accounts: no same personal data, no same trunk, nothing. So I guess you just screw up the DB Query.
Anyway this is my last post in this thread.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dpc on 07.12.2007 at 10:48.

07.12.2007 10:47 dpctech is offline Search for Posts by dpctech Add dpctech to your Buddy List
ozp

I'm pretty sure the reason they're not revealing that information is because it provides other users (who may have malicious intentions) information about how the system detects duplicate accounts and therefore they can work their way around it and avoid getting caught.

Are you sure it isn't something like the same IP address was used when signing up?

08.01.2008 20:56 ozpoole is offline Search for Posts by ozpoole Add ozpoole to your Buddy List
nov
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 27.03.2009

Achtung RE: "you registered more than one account" email, but I didn't!!! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I just got the same message after upgrading from free to pro account.

I assume all is alright and no account will be disabled.

Please confirm.
Jan

01.04.2009 12:48 noventumpbx1 is offline Search for Posts by noventumpbx1 Add noventumpbx1 to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

RE: "you registered more than one account" email, but I didn't!!! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

You got the email for your second account, noventumpbx.

01.04.2009 13:02 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
nov
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 27.03.2009

RE: "you registered more than one account" email, but I didn't!!! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I did not receive that, nor did I assign for that.
I had the free of charge accout noventumpbx1.
This weekend I registered for an upgrade and received the activation email last night. This email explicitly mentions noventumpbx1.

That is also the account I am using.

Please check this

01.04.2009 14:04 noventumpbx1 is offline Search for Posts by noventumpbx1 Add noventumpbx1 to your Buddy List
fki
Soho Account

Registration Date: 05.12.2008

Dear I-P-TEL,

unfortunately there are not many ways to contact you. A week ago I got an email from you about having two accounts. In fact, we as a foundation have an account with you and I personally have an account for my family. The first one we pay for ("fki"), the other one was a free account ("wt").

Now you have eliminated my free account, so today our phone stopped ringing. What is more, when I try to register the personal SIP trunk in the paid account, it won't let me, because it thinks it is already registered. So apparently you didn't eliminate my free account completely. This is really getting rather unpleasant now.

I do hope we get a quick reply, as you know phone service is something people rely on.

best regards,

Wouter Tebbens

08.03.2012 18:01 fki is offline Search for Posts by fki Add fki to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next »  
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: