PBXes » English » Bugs » RE: No registration to NY/www4
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
bh2
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 22.12.2006

No registrations to BPXes Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

None of my extensions are registered to the pbxes.org today for some reason. I have tried the reset option through personal information section and still nothing. Could you please check? Thanks

09.09.2007 15:29 bh2o is offline Search for Posts by bh2o Add bh2o to your Buddy List
bh2
Grünschnabel

No registration to NY/www4 Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Update 1219hrs. The problem seem fully related to the ww4/New York server. I can register to www2 and www5 without problems. A bit far, but better than nothing at the moment. Perhaps someone may want to look at New York?

09.09.2007 18:13 bh2o is offline Search for Posts by bh2o Add bh2o to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Pfeil RE: No registration to NY/www4 Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

As stated many times in forum and wiki it is important that you register your devices to pbxes.org instead of a particular www server.

Then you can still register in case of a server failure because Premium Accounts and PBXes PRO automatically get backed up by another datacenter (San Diego in this case).

09.09.2007 20:37 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
bh2
Grünschnabel

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thank you for your response, it was _not _ helpful in solving the problem!

FWI, my adapter _is_ registered to pbxes.org.... but it was not registering on it's own. Not until I manually switched the setting in the personal data section [_here_ via your web interface]. I have had to do this a couple of times in the past for up to a day before it would seem to come back.

It was only ecause I had read other postings, that I knew to make a _manual_ change there.. Mine does not appear to have been backed up anywhere automatically or I would not have had the problem. And, if I today changed the setting in personal data back to the NY server, it quit working. _That_ was the reason I notified you that something wasn't working correctly.

Some devices of mine may still be set to a www setting since they were set up long ago and are located in other states where I don't have access to them. I frankly don't remember. In any case, they were also able to register when I made the manual change, so I suspect they are also correctly configured.

09.09.2007 22:28 bh2o is offline Search for Posts by bh2o Add bh2o to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: No registration to NY/www4 Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Today the New York datacenter had a power outage. After power came back registrations were still impossible.

That's why the accounts were still backed up in San Diego. After registrations ran properly again they were transferred back to New York.

If you manually changed this back to New York it could not work. So you had to switch manually to San Diego again. Probably your manual switching today interfered with our automatic switching? By checking "Personal Data" you can always find out in which datacenter your account is

09.09.2007 22:58 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: