PBXes » English » Miscellaneous » RE: Bad quality in one way, not the other way
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
yge
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 22.12.2006

Daumen runter! Bad quality in one way, not the other way Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Today I noticed that my account has been moved to www5/Paris. When did that take place?

My incoming soundquality is good, but my outgoing is terrible.
My customers can hardly understand me.

I think my account was on www1 (Nürenberg), but I'm not sure.
Can this be changed again please, because it's not something that I can select manually.

I'm using this for business, and I need it to work again asap if possible.

Now I have to setup my accounts manually in my ATA to be able to receive calls.

Thanks
Yves

21.06.2007 17:00 ygeffens is offline Search for Posts by ygeffens Add ygeffens to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Bad quality in one way, not the other way Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

You can select the Nürnberg server manually in "Personal Data".

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by i-p on 18.04.2008 at 03:25.

21.06.2007 18:54 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
bob

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
RE: Bad quality in one way, not the other way Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Does this mean that a user can choose his own server ?

I noticed the same problems with the paris server. customers complained about bad line and I noticed the same when calling using betamax.

I am trying the frankfurt sever now and will see if things improve.

26.06.2007 11:47 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
yge
Grünschnabel

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

You can, indeed, choose the server you want, or the one the closest to you, with the lowest latency (lowest ping-time).

26.06.2007 12:49 ygeffens is offline Search for Posts by ygeffens Add ygeffens to your Buddy List
bob

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Zitat:
Originally posted by ygeffens
You can, indeed, choose the server you want, or the one the closest to you, with the lowest latency (lowest ping-time).

Do you have an ip list or names of the servers so I can ping them and see which one would work best.

28.06.2007 10:48 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

RE: RE: Bad quality in one way, not the other way Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

In the box on the right of the web pages there is a list of servers (with the percentages of usage aside). Just click on them to see the host names.

28.06.2007 18:58 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
bob

Thanks works great.

For Belgium, Telenet Cable I Get the following Values

www0 Frankfurt 26 ms
www1 Nürnberg 37 ms
www2 San Diego 173 ms
www4 New York 101 ms
www5 Paris 33 ms

alle 3 European server look ok and simular.
USA server are a lot longer connection time

29.06.2007 19:00 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
yge
Grünschnabel

Bobmats, how did you find out the different ip's for these servers?
If I do a tracert to www0, www1, www4, ... I always get the IP of www1:

www1.pbxes.com [88.198.36.79]

Since there is also a problem with the 3 euro-servers (they are blocked I presume), I want to ask my VSP to take a look at the Ip's of the euro-servers, but therefore I must be able to see what the IP's are.

Yves

05.07.2007 13:47 ygeffens is offline Search for Posts by ygeffens Add ygeffens to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

To find out the IP addresses don't forget to add .pbxes.com (not org or whatever).

05.07.2007 16:34 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: