PBXes » English » Miscellaneous » Working
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
alb

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
call from another asterisk server to i-p-tel.com Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi there,
I am using this service and it works great and it simple anough to set up and run, BUT i cant recive calls from outside.

I have diverted my fwd to the <name>.<number>@pbx.i-p-tel.com

but it i does not reach anywere.

i tried the IP address and that does not work.
I tried to do incoming route and all the sugestions in the forum but i don't have anything.

Anyone has any luck?

Thanx for any input

25.02.2006 00:13 albert is offline Search for Posts by albert Add albert to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: call from another asterisk server to i-p-tel.com Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

You have to use '-' as delimiter for the account name.

Pascal

25.02.2006 17:54 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
alb

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Nothing works.

here can someone pls try to call me

albert-3001@pbx.i-p-tel.com

Thanx

25.02.2006 23:03 albert is offline Search for Posts by albert Add albert to your Buddy List
dke

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I am not able to "dial in" to my account <user>-<ext>@pbx.i-p-tel.com either. I've tried various inbound routing configs but can't get anything to work. My SIP client (x-lite) always gets a 404 Not Found reply.

Dialing in from a trunk works fine.

DAK.

26.02.2006 03:05 dkerr is offline Search for Posts by dkerr Add dkerr to your Buddy List
sup
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 18.02.2006

I think I knoiw what yoiu are asking about here, and I think it is possible, it is youir method of doing it that is not working.

Set up a Trunk, registering to any server , and establish a route for inbounds the same way you want to route these sip URI inbounds, even if no inbounds really arrive from that trunk. For the sake of this topic I will assume this login is 123456 on this trunk

You should now ber able to send traffic to sip/123456@pbx-i-p-tel.com, and it will follow the inbouind route for the trunk 123456

In other words if you have an trunk 123456@myprovioder.com, and you have established an inbound route for that, you should be able to dial sip:123456@i-p-tel.com from xlite or send any kind of traffic to that address and it will follow those routing rules.

On the alternative, you can always register a trunk to an FWD account and and send traffic to the FWD address or sip/fwdaccountnumber@i-p-tel.com.

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by sup on 26.02.2006 at 06:27.

26.02.2006 06:15 supernettel is offline Search for Posts by supernettel Add supernettel to your Buddy List
alb

the trunk works fine but im truing to set up http://www.ipkall.com/ , and they only send the call direcly to the phone number and you dont need to set up a trunk. anyone managed to set this up.

26.02.2006 13:12 albert is offline Search for Posts by albert Add albert to your Buddy List
sup
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 18.02.2006

see the alternate option I have listed in my previous post then.

26.02.2006 15:55 supernettel is offline Search for Posts by supernettel Add supernettel to your Buddy List
dke

With a standard asterisk system I believe that your method would work. However it doesn't (and can't) work like that for i-p-tel.com. If I have a trunk with a userid of 123456 and someone else has a trunk also with a userid of 123456 then how would the server know where to route a call received to SIP:123456@pbx.i-p-tel.com... there would be two trunks?

Perhaps you need to address it to SIP:<pbxuser>-123456@pbx.i-p-tel.com but I tried that and it is not working either.

The only way I can see inbound SIP working is to register with FWD and then address to SIP:123456@fwd.pulver.com but then that requires you have a FWD account. It would be nice to be able to bypass any other provider and address directly to i-p-tel.com.

DAK

26.02.2006 20:57 dkerr is offline Search for Posts by dkerr Add dkerr to your Buddy List
mar

so set up an FWD trunk and send the DID there!

26.02.2006 21:11 markosjal is offline Search for Posts by markosjal Add markosjal to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Lampe RE: call from another asterisk server to i-p-tel.com Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi Albert,

I tried to call albert-3001@217.195.32.11 from outside but your extension 3001 seems to be unregistered.

Pascal

26.02.2006 22:40 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
dke

Working Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

See thread in "Bugs" section. Fixing my problem with the SPA-3000 has also fixed this problem... you need to enter a SIP Server of 217.195.32.11 on the trunk. Trunk has to be named <userid>-something then you can SIP Dial into SIP/<userid>-something@pbx.i-p-tel.com

Thanks to Pascal for identifying the solution.

DAK

04.03.2006 02:55 dkerr is offline Search for Posts by dkerr Add dkerr to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: